E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing all the install in my bimmer, the tweeters are picking up noise, it has a soft whining like the ones coming from the alternator, do you guys know how to get rid of it, has anyone experienced it before after getting their ICE? Thanks

·
Thread Hijacker!!!
360 Posts
Check your ground. Did you run all your wiring together or did you seperated the power wires from the rca's and speaker wires?? Sometimes it could be the speaker wires too. If it's pinched somewhere and sort of grounding it, it can pick up the "whining" noise or just pop. If you had the install done at a shop, then bring it back and let them troubleshoot it.

JT

·
Registered
128 Posts
noise...

I too am getting alt noise - what do you "check" oon your remote turn on wire? Its a white one? I just ran another one.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For all of you with noise, in my case a great deal of noise were coming from the Diamond Audio Crossovers, if I would put them in the car they would pick the sound immediately, I replaced them with MB Quartz and they have no noise, the other thing is to properly ground your amps and stuff...That generates noise as well. My sound system is almost there, there is very little, you need to mute your stereo and get your ears to the speakers to hear it, but I am trying to get rid of that too...:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts