E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[HELP!] Any differences of the suspension on E46 sedan & coupe?? (with sport package)

sup all :)

I'm driving 02 E46 325i with sport package and one of my buddy bought the 02 E46 325ci with sport package, so I did the testdrive on his car and I found the little bit of difference between two cars.

Eventhough both car had SAME sport package suspensions, I found that my friend's car(325ci sport package) has stiffer and more stable suspensions than my car's, and it has lesser ROLLING during cornering. I don't really know why.. cuz I heard that sedan is lighter than coupe and it has SAME sport package suspensions. :dunno:

Secondly, 325ci had harder and heavier steering wheel feeling than mine, and after testdriving 325ci, I got on to my car to compare it, and it actually has lighter and softer grip than 325ci. I'm kinda worrying about it, cuz I like the heavier and harder one better and it felt big difference to me. :bawling:

Only the differences that my car and his car are remain of tire treads(mine's like DEAD :drool: and he got new one :thumbup: ), and miliege(mine=50000km, his=70000km).

Does anyone has any ideas of these differences?? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
the suspension components are identical pretty much. I am not sure why his car felt that much different. It just may be the way a coupe handles. And maybe your steering was real early 02 production that might have been affected by the wuss steering. You can have that fixed at the dealership. my steering is very light as well

1 - 2 of 2 Posts