BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

There's a guy on eBay (might be a member here as well) selling just the angel eye rings. He says that with 8 LED bulbs and some resistors I can wire them and have roughly the same effect as the "normal" ones (latest generation DDEs or DAEs). These are blue rings so they will stand out even with the lights on (I think). I also really don't have a preference between LEDs and fiber optics but how difficult would it be to get all the parts (besides the rings), put everything together and wire these "hacked" angel eyes?

Any input, links to DYI etc would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sergiu

·
OG Moderator Extraordinaire
6,280 Posts
why not go with one of the kits that are known to work and aren't the hassle?

I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for :thumbup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
True - point taken

However, even with the gen IV DDEs the installation is not plug and play, correct? I think I can open up the light housings and attach the rings but when it comes to wiring I will definitely need some help...

S

·
Registered
284 Posts
is it just me or does anyone else think the gen 4 dde's dont look as bright as they should be in any of the pics i have seen. i mean most pics where they look bright are taken in pitch black, im from nyc and the only time itll be that dark outside is if we have a blackout

·
Registered
321 Posts
that set up looks sketchy.. why not just go with a proven kit..
I went with DAE's the install was clean and simple.:)

·
Site Sponsor
18,526 Posts
Where is this ebay link? I might know this person.

I just found it. I think it's someone that purchased a full kit from me that came with both the HID Blue and Clear rings and is selling his HID blue rings.

I'm sure they're fine, but why not buy the rings from me - if you want them - and get a company behind the product?

·
Registered
28 Posts
will917 said:
is it just me or does anyone else think the gen 4 dde's dont look as bright as they should be in any of the pics i have seen. i mean most pics where they look bright are taken in pitch black, im from nyc and the only time itll be that dark outside is if we have a blackout
Although I haven't seen either the gen III or gen IV in person, from all the pics I've seen posted on this board, the IIIs look way brighter than the IVs. I'm not disrespecting the IV and am even thinking of purchasing them on ebay, but does anyone have a first hand opinion on this topic?
-J-

·
Registered
321 Posts
what is up with that purple fade :dunno:
looks ricey to me IMO :thumbdwn:

·
Site Sponsor
18,526 Posts
I admit that the HID blue rings aren't for everyone, but when they are in the car, they do appear blue - it could have been the way the light hid them ...:dunno:

But yeah, in thse pics they do have more purple tint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts