E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's a silly question and I think it has a simple answer but I got stuck. I replaced the ccv and the hoses, rebuilt the vanos, replaced engine cover rubbers, oil filter housing gasket, cleaned disa valve etc. It's been more than a month and I don't remember how I removed the upper and lower air intake hoses. Is there a part that connects those two? Or do they slide on each other? It seems both of them are about the same diameter. Please help!!! I checked realoem, there's no such "connection" part.

heellpp!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Yes, there should be a plastic sleeve that connects the two hoses together. Each side of the hose should have it's own hose clamp. Just my two and a half cents worth...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the clamps but I don't have the plastic sleeve. Do you know what the part number is?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Shifting
30,825 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys, I finally found it, there's a connection ring, part # 13541435626.

but it is used in later e46 models. I found it on a 2002 325i. I must have dumped it with the upper hose when I took it off.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Solidjake, thanks for your time, man. That old boot must have been replaced with the upgraded boots for the newer models because the production of the boot used in 323i was ended in 2003. I think it was designed as a separate piece after 2001.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts