E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a 2.0L 2000/05 320d 136hp to 160hp with a repro or remap as you call it, i have it for 2 years from now. Everything fine but... dammm SAC...

My clutch disk is reinforced with copper and Ferodo, my problem is that the pressure plate loses strength after 9000 km and start slipping... i've changed 3 times now and the disks are always fine... the problem is always the automatic pressure plate... the worst system ever im my opinion.:banghead:

I really want to replace the whole SAC system with one that is not automatic (like m3 or m5 bimmers) :idea:

I'm portuguese so by definition im poor:cry:, so i cant pay 1000 euros or dollars for UUC's unique "sprung hub" clutch design Stage2 lightweight flywheel for example, to replace it for my Clutch N42 D=228MM.

I thought in replace it from another car who fits in mine, but i dont know if it exists...:idea:

I know that in USA dont exists model 320d but is similar to others, here is more information about my clutch system:

My chutch is Clutch N42 D=228MM Fits on models:

E46
  1. 318I N42 year -09/03
  2. 318TI N42 year -09/03
  3. 320D M47 (136HP) year -09/01

Extra info (www.buypartsby.co.uk):

the clutch Clutch Kit is:

Model: 3 Series (E46) 320d
Year range: 04/98-09/01
Kit (RepSet)
Plate Dia: (mm) 230
Eng Code: M47D20
Fitting Time:3
Notes: Self-Adjusting Clutch (SAC)

The dual mass flywheel is:

Model: 3 Series (E46) 320d
Year range: 04/98-09/01
Eng Code: M47D20

:eek:

Ps: sorry for my bad english

·
Premium Member
7,701 Posts
Personally I wouldn't go near of any of the lightweight kits out there (rattling, stalling, possible damage due to harmonics etc). My LUK pressure plate started loosing its strength after about 40000km. You're saying that your clutch slips after 9000km? that is way too short period IMO even for a "tuned" engine which supposedly adds more stress to the drivetrain components.

I replaced the clutch with the Sachs performance, which includes a stronger pressure plate. The difference is immediately felt at your left foot when you depress the clutch pedal which is now much stiffer. Sachs does offer a product for your car, shown here which is for tuned engines as per their saying, might worth contacting them?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah of course, im gonna check it out, but anyway, is always a sac system...

Do you know any non sac system for my car?

Thanks for the first tip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts