BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I just wanted to say hello and express my delight in purchasing an '03 M3. What an awesome car, however I do need some assistance in clearing up some issues. The SES light is on and throws a P0411 code. I have read up on the solutions for that code, however I have no idea what "Seafoam" is or where to purchase some. Also, the tire pressure yellow light just came on yesterday right after I hit a bump on the highway doing about 80mph. I am going to try the reinitialization and such, but it sounds like a common problem.

Also, I have no idea of what options this car all has. It's Silver, black int, brushed Al trim, power seats with memory, 6SP, CD & CD changer, etc. Is there an online database for looking up VINs to see what options came on the car?

Anyway, it's great to be back in a Bimmer. I had a 93 325i with E46 M3 rims, Bilstein and Koni suspension, short shifter, and Remus exhaust. I have missed that car ever since I sold it a few years ago. The M3 is that and soooooo much more!!! My other ride is a 99 A4 Avant that I bought new, then I added 17" Porsche turbine style 5 spoke rims and a TAP stage one kit. Great car that runs and drives great after 170k of hard use.

Great to be here and I hope to make many friends.

Kind regards,
Darin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks kevcm.

I found the correct info here to troubleshoot my P0411 code. I just was curious what Sea Foam actually is (cleaner, solvent, etc.) and where to get it. If my auto store doesn't know what it is, I would need to know what it is to get an equivalent product. Any ideas on equivalents?

***I just googled it and it looks like NAPA and Autozone carry it.***

·
Registered
4 Posts
For the tire pressure monitor, press and old down the tire pressure button until the light goes away. Check your tires for even pressure.

As far as the p0411 error, I have it too and researching it now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts