E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbsup:
if anyboby local is interested? i am selling a 2000 320ci
is the sexiest of all bmw...maby

hahh i found it funny how the mysterious yellow oil light on the dash of these sexy cars keeps arising :hmm:
i also have this problem and i found no answers that can actually help

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,980 Posts

hahh i found it funny how the mysterious yellow oil light on the dash of these sexy cars keeps arising :hmm:
You'll get better at searching--use advanced search/title search

Yellow light that goes on 10 secs. after starting car and goes off 15 secs. after that is just a bad sensor.

If it goes on when driving otherwise, oil is low; if it comes on after shut off, oil is low.

So odds are, your yellow oil light means you're low on oil, and your post means you don't have a manual. (Slight chance you just have a really wrong oil in there!)

In a.m. when oil has all drained into pan, check the dipstick and add appropriate amount of oil (1 quart is between the notches on dipstick).

If bad sensor, either live with it and the risk of it being bad (check oil level regularly), or change it at next oil change--three nuts does it!

HTH and welcome...and you can find manuals online!

·
Registered
938 Posts

If you want local interest, post in the Aussie sub-forum...or try carsales.com.au.
P.S. Doug is the Dalai Lama of these forums - he's kind to everyone. ;)

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,980 Posts
If you want local interest, post in the Aussie sub-forum...or try carsales.com.au.
P.S. Doug is the Dalai Lama of these forums - he's kind to everyone. ;)
You're right...new poster, just coming to sell; I shouldn't have wasted my time.

Can I have a do over?

OP,

You're selling your car because you're low on oil? Would you think it rude of me if I inquired if you're a fn moron?

Boy, will you have issues when you need to buy a liter of trans. fluid!

(Is that better? More 'fanatics-like'?) :lmao:

·
Registered
938 Posts
You're right...new poster, just coming to sell; I shouldn't have wasted my time.

Can I have a do over?

OP,

You're selling your car because you're low on oil? Would you think it rude of me if I inquired if you're a fn moron?

Boy, will you have issues when you need to buy a liter of trans. fluid!

(Is that better? More 'fanatics-like'?) :lmao:
Doug, you just iconoclasticised yourself. :evil:
Now taking bets on how much longer this thread will actually exist!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts