E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 e46 325i Touring, 1986 e30 320i 2-door
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, on my 2003 325i touring I have recently changed original power steering pump because of it’s broken driving shaft. I’ve replaced it with new aftermarket one and turned the wheel back and forth to get system rid of the air, however the steering still feels heavy once at idle and when setting off. Engine also tends to die when turning the wheel and setting off at once. Idle is otherwise steady and doesn’t fluctuate when parked. Engine also starts right away with no hesitating. PS system is filled with good quality ATF oil made by Liqui Moly. There are no PS fluid leaks. To me it seems like the pump is not working sufficiently and steals aditional RPM’s from the engine. However, these symptoms were present even with old PS pump before it broke.

What do you guys think might be causing these problems? Did anybody have similar issues? Thank you

·
Registered
30 Posts
PS pump is belt driven and therefore RPM powered. I would check belts, and get the car moving and recheck ATF levels, after a few hundred miles. Make sure you turn wheel lock to lock to bleed air out of system.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.