BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My washer jets have been frozen for 2 days now.....guess the heated washer jets aren't that great.........

·
Registered
834 Posts
the water that comes out of them is heated, not the piece of plastic... but yea that sucks that the plastic is frozen to the car

·
Registered
147 Posts
Try using a blow dryer

·
Registered
57 Posts
Um, not to ask the obvious, but have you let your rear defroster run for at least a full cycle? It's my understanding that the heated jets don't turn on until the rear defroster is turned on and at very low temps it might take 15 minutes for them to open up...

·
The De46vil's Army
16,346 Posts
the 500sl uses a tube that circulates cooland through the reservoir bottle, smart sh!t!! maybe a DIY on BMW?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im using factory fill, it was 28 the other night, after driving for a full 30 min, they were still frozen. I am with the others here, heated my A**!!!! If the designers heated just the bottle res. and not the sprayers, then that will never work. If its cold outside, or if snow/ice is on your hood, those jets will always freeze.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
here's a neat little trick I always use on my beater cars. A longer piece of windshield washer tubing wrapped 5-6 times around the radiator house. The fluid actually steams coming out of the nozzles. It will be hot enough to melt and ice that had built up in the washer jets as well...

·
Registered
57 Posts
*(**(*[email protected]& wouldn't you know it, the morning after posting about this my jets froze up!!! Of course, it was 9 degrees outside....

·
Registered
147 Posts
are we talking headlight or windshield washers?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts