BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought heated seats. I am prewired from switch to the fuse panel. I need to wire from the seats to the switch.

I think i've looked at every heated seat thread on e46fanatics.. :banghead:

I need the metal bushing contact part numbers that connect to these wires.
The two DIY's claim different gauges.
  • 4 x 12 gauge bushing contact
  • 6 x (14 or 16 or 18 gauge) bushing contact

Does anyone remember?

Thanks for your time!!!

I have hints, but not sure if any world work

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,908 Posts
sorry I don't. I used factory wire harness so I didn't have to buy the connectors. I can tell you though the wire gauge is listed in the .pdf instructions if that helps.

the "ivegotissues" diy thread is legit

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, alex! They're only like 35 cents a piece, maybe ill just buy a bunch and report back to which ones are correct

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*UPDATE*

I found the two part numbers for the bushing contacts for the seats.

PIN B(rown)20,B21, and Y(ellow)23 use the bushing (with wire lead) p/n 61-13-0-005-201

PIN B1,B13 and Y25 use the bushing (with wire lead) p/n 12-52-0-007-171

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I have a question. I guessed that in the above picture, it says to use "12 gauge" and "18 gauge" wire. I went to home depot and bought this wire....

The size of the wire leads from home depot are MUCH thicker the wire purchased from the dealer. Dealer wire is (0.2-0.5mm), while the 12 gauge house wire is near 2mm. What wire do I use? Are there different scales for wire gauge?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Use the thicker wire. You can always go thicker, never the adverse. I did this retrofit a couple months ago and did it the same way as you are, if you have any questions feel free to ask

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My seats have lumbar, side wings, memory, and all other up/down motorized adjustments. There is already a ground supplied to the yellow plug under my seat, do I really need to supply another ground (pin 24), to the seat, for the heat?

If I use the (bushing contacts with wire leads), then upgrade the tiny wire that is attached to my 12 gauge thick, stranded wire, will that wire be able to hold the same number of amps?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts