E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a repost, but I just did this the other day and the result is great.

So I don't know if you guys have the same problem with your non-garage kept e46.

PROBLEM:
From inside

from outside

SOLUTION:

RESULT:
From the inside

From the outside

J LAU

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
Well, that's more of an A-pillar problem than headliner, but yes, that is a good, cheap fix. My fix did not last long, and I did it twice. Hopefully yours will last longer. I'm just gonna buy new ones.

Though, that 3M headliner headliner adhesive I have never seen before. Maybe it is better than the stuff I used.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just checked my own thread and I found it quite misleading just by looking at the pictures.

So you do have to remove the A-pillar covers to apply the 3M adhesive. And I got the adhesive from either autozone or pepboys.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much adhesive do you have to apply? When I tried this the headliner didn't stick and it just left disturbing looking stains..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Bimmer App
So i first peel off the corner of the cloth(headliner) off the A-pillar cover.
spary on the A-Pillar cover not on the cloth!

then wait for around 10 minutes and wait until the adhesive to dry off. It has to be dry or the cloth will soak up the adhesive(liquid form) and cause patches of stain.
After its dry, the adhesive should turn into a thin layer of dry glue (dry foam form), like the sticky side of duct tape, then you can slowly apply the cloth (headliner) back on the A-piller cover.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, that's more of an A-pillar problem than headliner, but yes, that is a good, cheap fix. My fix did not last long, and I did it twice. Hopefully yours will last longer. I'm just gonna buy new ones.

Though, that 3M headliner headliner adhesive I have never seen before. Maybe it is better than the stuff I used.
I dont understand what you mean by it's an A-Pillar problem?
and if you get a new A-piller cover, the color wont match unless you have ZHP or M3, aka Anthracite headliner.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
So I am assumming that this ONLY works for the A Pillars and NOT the headliner?

In my car the A, B and C pillars are soft cloth covering hard plastic material while the headliner is comprised of a soft cloth covering soft/foamy material. So I would assume the type of adhesive and the application should be different between the two parts?

Someone correct me if I am wrong...

Thanks.

This ia bothering me:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I am assumming that this ONLY works for the A Pillars and NOT the headliner?

In my car the A, B and C pillars are soft cloth covering hard plastic material while the headliner is comprised of a soft cloth covering soft/foamy material. So I would assume the type of adhesive and the application should be different between the two parts?

Someone correct me if I am wrong...

Thanks.

This ia bothering me:

I think they are the same.
it works on any cloth material.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.