BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Bahn Burnah
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all new question:

When you are driving at night, do on coming cars flash you
to turn your brights off, even though they aren't on? It happens
to me constantly, literally like every night. I've had the dealer
check my lights on two separate occasions, and both times they
said they were level. I've looked at them, and seem fine. :dunno:
it's been like this since it was new. Does anybody else experience this? Any thoughts?

·
Bahn Burnah
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hamann330ci said:
Everything in that thread is exactly what I go through!! I'll pass people at night on the highway, and they'll turn their brights on me, and leave em on. One time though I swear i scared the hell out of
some old lady, she put brights on me, and left them on, I turned my brights on, her entire face lit up! She turned them off real quick. still, it gets bothersome.

·
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
2,594 Posts
Curious... were you driving with your fog lights too? I've never been flashed in my BMW, but in my Sebring (which had the weakest headlights imaginable) it happened quite often, but I had the fogs come on automatically... always wondered if that's what they were flashing at.

·
-not a mod-
21,145 Posts
It happens to all of us...I just throw my brights back on, and they get the idea quickly that they f..ked up

·
Bahn Burnah
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sicily1918 said:
Curious... were you driving with your fog lights too? I've never been flashed in my BMW, but in my Sebring (which had the weakest headlights imaginable) it happened quite often, but I had the fogs come on automatically... always wondered if that's what they were flashing at.

Actually... yeah, it happens most often when my fogs are on. But I get cars from the other side of the interstate flashing me too. like Budmann said though, they learn the hard way:D

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
9,763 Posts
have you checked that your headlights are not too high?

That would be my first guess.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I get flashed everynight. I have positioned my headlights so far down before that i could hardly see the road and i still get flashed. So, as of yesterday I just positioned my headlights to the "perfect" place for ME and I can see great! I figure if they're gonna flash me anyways I mightest well get the best view i can.

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,325 Posts
Do you have factory xenons or factory halogens or aftermarket lights?

I have factory xenons in both my 323Ci and 528i and no one has ever flashed me. With their car headlights, anyway. hehe

·
The Whirlwind
472 Posts
Damn, not even xenons? You've got some sensitive ass people around you.

·
Banned
603 Posts
It's funny, it used to happen to me all the time around my neighborhood, but not anymore, I think they all learned a lessen from our HIDs....they're just bright! :lmao:
One time some lady yelled at me, angrily "TURN OFF YOUR BRIGHTS" I yelled back...i showed her.

for some reason, it seems like HIDs shine brighter than xenons?

·
Bahn Burnah
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sundance2108 said:
It's funny, it used to happen to me all the time around my neighborhood, but not anymore, I think they all learned a lessen from our HIDs....they're just bright! :lmao:
One time some lady yelled at me, angrily "TURN OFF YOUR BRIGHTS" I yelled back...i showed her.

for some reason, it seems like HIDs shine brighter than xenons?
I had this old guy follow me into the grocery store parking lot, to tell me my brights were on, then when I explained they weren't, he proceded to lecture me about how unsafe they were, and that I'll cause accident some day:rolleyes:

·
Mod Squad
10,091 Posts
Sometimes I wish my car was a beater, so I could pull over in their lane and play 'chicken' with my high beams on... :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
As a courtesy to other drivers don't drive with your Foglights on
unless absolutely necessary.I think of my set up as three stage:
1) Low Beam Xenon
2) Low Beam Xenon + Xenon Fogs to see better closer in when
there aren't oncoming cars or anyone in front of me- not likely
because my car keeps me up front and I dim as I approach the
next guy in front so I don't give him back-of-the-head sunburn
3) High Beam Xenon when at speed and have got a wide open
road and few twisties ahead.
I have better illumination on my car than the majority of others on the road and use it responsibly which is the least anyone can do. As fot the guys that don't dim as they approach me..........they get to REALLY SEE how bright I can go!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts