BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a total newbie when it comes to the E46, I've only owned it for a couple months, so please have mercy on me. :pimpin: ('04 330Ci Vert)

My dash light came on the other day indicating a problem with my low beams (daytime running). No worries, so I headed to AutoZone to get a replacement bulb(s) and they gave me the H7 (which is incorrect) and when I went to install, I noticed that the insulation is flaking off the yellow and brown wires that are connected to the bulb... sigh. I separated what I could and used some electrical tape to replace the insulation, but I'm not sure where to go from here.

So... my questions. (FWIW, I've been searching for 3 days, and haven't found a definitive answer to these.)

1. What type of light do I have? I see that I have a facelift model, as the signal is clear and part of the headlight, but what should my low-beam bulb be?

2. Is there a place where I can purchase a new wiring pigtail? The connector was completely destroyed as well.

Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Had the same exact problem. I went in with liquid tape and surgically coated all the wires.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm more curious to know if I can get another connector/wire setup to replace the broken stuff. I'm happy to splice in some new wires, but wanted to go OEM if possible.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Here's mine which takes a h7 bulb. You. An see the flakes from when I discovered the flaking. I liquid taped and then electrical taped. Been good for 2.5 years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, good to know... I do have the H7 then, the connector didn't look right. Thanks so much for the info!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Oh, good to know... I do have the H7 then, the connector didn't look right. Thanks so much for the info!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yep, high and low bulbs are h7. I prefer Philips extreme vision. But always open to a better, even brighter bulb.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well crap. I did the liquid tape thing, but I think that the wires have now failed deeper into the headlight assembly (maybe with all of the fiddling I did to fix the wires)? Is there a way to rewire the headlight assembly?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts