E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking out the titanium trim is done, however the second trim piece that goes between the xenon lens and the high beam I do not know how to get off? Does anyone have some light to shed on how to get the second piece off. The DIY in this forum just has the steps to get the main trim piece out, but I was wondering about the second piece.

·
I holla
1,509 Posts
i didn't know there was more than one piece, u got a pic?

·
I holla
1,509 Posts
oh okay, i think i read that u can't take those off, but i may be wrong

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah figures, I just didn't like the Ti headlight trim on the TiSilver car, I like the black housing a lot better, but I was just wondering about that piece, thanks guys

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fuschnicken said:
Those are the reflectors for the headlights. If you painted those, there wouldn't be much light emitted from your headlights.
no not the actual reflector for the headlight, the titanium headlight housing you get from the factory has this second piece that goes AROUND the high beam part and the middle section between the high and low beam part. That part is titanium like the headlight trim. I took my titanium headlight trim out cause I like the black housing, but that second piece between the two reflectors is still titanium and I was wondering if that could be taken out or not.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
yup, i was wonderin the same thing, but i dont think you could take it out. but after i got my black trim in, it didnt look too bad with the titanium part in the middle. i cant even really notice it.

·
Invalid User
9,504 Posts
i didn't know that the M3's was black there. i noticed the silver part around the high beams though when i changed out my trim on friday. i don't think it would make much of a difference though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts