E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have problem start 2 weeks ago with my 03 m3 pass projector light on and off some time it's not the light bulb then what is it I need help plz:tsk:

·
NWS
644 Posts
igniter.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Check the ground in the REAR taillight. I had the same problem. Was gonna replace everything in the front. the brown wire in the rear tail light was a little corroded. cleaned it up and plugged it in and it was GTG

Sounds strange ,HUH?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check the ground in the REAR taillight. I had the same problem. Was gonna replace everything in the front. the brown wire in the rear tail light was a little corroded. cleaned it up and plugged it in and it was GTG

Sounds strange ,HUH?
What the rear has to do with the front passenger light and which one or which side?

·
Registered
223 Posts
What the rear has to do with the front passenger light and which one or which side?
The way the system is designed,they are all interconnected. pull off the rear covers on the taillights like you are changing a bulb. look for a brown wire,which is the ground. pull it out and look at it and the reinstall it and turn on your headlights and wiggle the ground and see what happens.

Thats what I did and it fixed it. Try it. you have nothing to lose,but a few minutes of your time.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I have this same problem too... the ignitor is the red box or is that the ballast

·
Registered
114 Posts
How did you diagnose, by swapping with the left side? What did the replacement set you back?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts