BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left low beam is out. The high beam and turn signal are fine. Its only 2.5 years old!!!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks

·
www.piratecove.org
3,699 Posts
yeap
had both headlights die within a week of me getting the car
replaced under warranty :)

(then i bought xenons)

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,326 Posts
H7 bulbs are seriously like $10-20. It's not a big deal, and they're very easy to replace. Takes all of about 2 minutes including the time it takes to open and close the hood. :thumbup:

Just buy the bulb and do it yourself, and if you're not able to do so within the next couple of days, for the time being, move the bulb from the high beam into the low beam socket so you have complete lighting until you can replace it.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Your dad has 9006 bulbs? those last a long time, but output sucks. Your BMW has H7 bulbs, giving LOTS more light, but burn out more quickly. Untill I had xenons, I used to do about 1 year per set of lights, not a biggie, 30 euros for a new set. (Philips vision plus).
Oh do drive with lights on , whenever, wherever.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. Thats cool. I didn't know the bulbs were so cheap. I thought that they were alot more than that. Where do I get this? CircleBMW?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Any dept store has H7 I think, or just your local gasstation.
Bulbs are more available than Coca Cola in a food palace :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's the deal with Xenon's? Is that an actual bulb too? Does it burn out and cost alot? Is there such a thing as Bi-Xenon's for an 01 Sedan?

I'm full of questions today.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
xenon bulbs last up to 5-8 times the lifespan of halogen and give more than twice the light output. You could go the retrofit set route , or buy full xenon headlights for your car.
And yes, they are expensive

·
Registered
471 Posts
If bought from a bmw dealer yes, but it's going to be expensive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts