E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed my car today and now I have moisture in one of my headlights. How do I get rid of it? I drove around with my lights on hoping that the heat would dry it up but it's not going away. I have xenon headlights if that make a difference. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,505 Posts
make sure u have the weather strips in place.. otherwise condensation might build up :dunno:

·
Loves cookies
1,537 Posts
Have you tampered or changed anything about the lights? If not try running the high beams for 5 to 10 minutes i think this might help.

·
needs a new sig...
3,408 Posts
i have the same problem...i have become a pro in disassembling the headlight while its still on the car..

·
Registered
11,056 Posts
i have it in my rear lights, maybe too cold?

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
eh its not too hard to remove the thing

·
I holla
1,509 Posts
p0tpie said:
eh its not too hard to remove the thing
but to do that every time ur headlights build up condensation sounds absurd

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
lyon123 said:

but to do that every time ur headlights build up condensation sounds absurd
it takes like 3 minutes per side. And besides, i've never had headlight moisteure :dunno:

·
I holla
1,509 Posts
p0tpie said:

it takes like 3 minutes per side. And besides, i've never had headlight moisteure :dunno:
me either...whats wrong w/ these ppl :dunno: jk :lmao:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Double Vanos said:
Have you tampered or changed anything about the lights? If not try running the high beams for 5 to 10 minutes i think this might help.
The strange thing is I have taken out the driver's side headlight to install a CAI and this one is fine. The passenger's side which I have never touched is the one giving me problems.

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,524 Posts
its just a characteristic of BMW's, doesnt happen to all but it just happens, ive had it on my car a couple times. Volvo's do it too. My friend owns a detailing shop and he details for a BMW dealership and he says a lot of BMWs do it, its really no big deal, give it a little while and it will go away....

·
Registered
203 Posts
Don't know if this is true or not, but I've heard that for enough moisture to get into a headlight to make it condense like that that there has to be at least one hairline crack in the glass/plastic housing. Small cracks like this are very difficult to see, but of course water can get into them. I have the same problem with my Mazda 323.

·
Retired
1,320 Posts
did you make sure all the tabs for the clear houseing are secure? There's also a long black piece that can easily be stuck inside the housing (it should be on the outside... cuz i made that mistake and mine broke off).:dunno:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts