BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlight lenses are banged up, looking for a good place to puchase a new pair. Any recomendations? Also, any one with experience using the clear bra material on them...Any noticable difference in light output? thanks for the help

·
Registered
293 Posts
My headlight lenses are banged up, looking for a good place to puchase a new pair. Any recomendations? Also, any one with experience using the clear bra material on them...Any noticable difference in light output? thanks for the help
Theres a product called LAMIN-X Colored Films, it goes over the lense and protects them from rock chips and scraches.

·
Landon Donovan Sucks
211 Posts
they are 49 dollars each at the dealer.

·
Registered
924 Posts
any info or DIY for sanding and buffing them?

mine are all scratched too

i feel that if i got new ones tho that it would clean up the front of the car a lot

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The dealer is not the only place to get new lenses...

Go to www.bavauto.com
Click on the "Lighting" department
Then "Headlights and Buckets"
You'll find them for $40 each.

:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
you use a DA sander.....you use different grits on the lights until you get rid of the haze and scratches ....buff out with a 3m compound ..then brand new lights :) ...we acutally did a BMW yesterday ...and the lights were in very bad shape (323 wagon)....they werent quite new put very close once done....they were so bad we had to use 400 grit...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts