BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My GruppeM arrived this morning (7:30 :) ). I've got the factory air box out etc. But before I go any further what has everyone done with the intake tube which sits behind the headlight ? I don't see any way of it securing in place becuase previously it was mounted to the factory air box ?

So who left it in, and who took it out ? Will it make any difference either way ?

Thanks for any help,
Stuart.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
You don't need to small tube.

The placement of the headlight tube for the stock airbox is to reduce air"intake" restriction. Your gruppeM removes restriction since you will no longer have a airbox. Therefore the tube is unnecessary.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, one other minor issue hehe. You get 6 bolts, but only appear to use 5 ? and I'm guessing its just my luck that your supposed to get 6 nuts for the 6 bolts, but I only got 4 nuts :(

I feel ripped off hehe. No biggies just have to get some others. Did everyone else get 6, or 4 nuts ?

Thanks,
Stuart.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does this look right ?

Does this look right ?

[sorry I rushed them and they are a little blurry]

I'm having similar problems to others regarding the bracket. Not sure what to do about htat. Surely if the bracket is left off the intake will bounce up and down a little, but it looks as though if its left on it will chaffe against the bodywork ?

This is going to sound patehtic :) but can someone confirm I have it the right way round ? I'm pretty sure it is but just wanted to check.

I also found that the factory tube which connects to the blue rubber tube and then to the intake didn't want to completely allign. It was a bit of force to get it as aligned as possible, andyone else find that ?

Thanks,
Stuart.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Willman - I ordered mine through the 2nd Group Buy. Sounds like there's been a problem but I'm sure they'll sort it. My intake shipped 11:00 on Wednesday in the US, and arrived this morning at 07:30.

Final install pics:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=400260#post400260

Samir, Technik and Rennsport are really helpful, they'll get it sorted quickly if there's been a problem.

Stuart.

·
Groccery Getter
904 Posts
Looks great!!!!! I love mine.:pimpin: You need to move it up towards the headlight more so it sits flush against the frame and move it downwards a bit. But other than that great pics.:thumbup: You really dont need the bracket. I didn't use mine.

·
Groccery Getter
904 Posts
Here's a Pic

Ausfahrt said:
Looks great!!!!! I love mine.:pimpin: You need to move it up more and sit flush against the frame and down a bit. But other than that great pics.:thumbup: You really dont need the bracket. I didn't use mine.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Stu it looks like GruppeM has changed the composite design from Carbon fiber to Carbon Kevlar like the E46 M3 GruppeM. :) Good thing as the Carbon Kevlar is better ;)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh ok, well if you hadn't pointed that out I wouldn't have known :)

Glad its better not worse :D

Thanks,
Stuart.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,962 Posts
stu nice going

looks very tight looks good. good luck, after you have it a while post how you like it
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
:D

"A few Spares".................. you gotto be kidding............

Anyway, congrats to you on you new mod, Stu!!!!

Really hope that I can get mine SOON!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hehe sorry for raising your hopes then :( I think it was someone on the Renn-Sport forum that said they had ordered a few more than the total number of orders so they would have a few spare, oobviously not. I think there's definately enough people to get another GB, its just the wait thats annoying, but worth it :D

Stuart.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts