E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2004 325iT and the driver's-side headlight is out - the xenon doesn't work, the daytime running light does.

The previous owner told me that his mechanic told him that the bulb and the wiring are fine - it's the ballast that needs replacing. I've done some reading and it seems like an easy enough thing to do yourself.

I'd like some advice on which ballast to purchase. I'd like to stay OEM, but I also don't want to spend a fortune and if something non-OEM does the same job or better than the OEM for less $ than that's what I'd like to do.

Any advice?

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Swap the bulbs from left to right and see if the problem follows. If it doesn't, then the bulb is good and the ballast is bad
Find a used OEM ballast

·
Registered
416 Posts
Swap balasts also, if they both are good then check your wiring. Many 04-06 E46's had wiring issues within the xenon light bucket.... Do a search and you'll see. Hopefully that isn't your problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.