E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

can anyone tell me how to adjust the headlight washers on my '01 330ci? The passenger side nozzles are pointing in the wrong direction.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
jjparkinson said:
Hi,

can anyone tell me how to adjust the headlight washers on my '01 330ci? The passenger side nozzles are pointing in the wrong direction.

Thanks

John
Try a needle. Insert it into the nozzle and use the needle for leverage to move it to the direction you would like.
You just have to find something small and sturdy enough to get inside the nozzle hole.
www.bavauto.com actually sells a tool for such a task.

TT

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
jjparkinson said:
Thanks for that. How do i actually make the washers stay out so i can get to the nozzles?
That's a good question.
Since I haven't done it I can only give some guesses.
My first inclination would be to have someone engage the mechanism, let it spray and then grab a hold of the sprayer so it does not retract. Hold it, adjust it, and then let it go back in. It may require engaging it a couple of times to get it to reset.

The other option would be to try and stop it from retracting by cutting power to it. Perhaps locate the fuse for the sprayer, turn on the mechanism/engage it, and once the unit pops out pull the fuse quickly. It may stop it from retracting.

I would suggest the easiest thing to try first and that's to turn on the mechanism and once it pops out shut the car off and remove the keys quickly. However, my suspicion is that the ECU/ECM will retract it even if you remove the keys. Modern electronics you know. :)

I call the dealer when I need some answers to questions like these. Call and speak to the service writer. More often than not these folks are or have been mechanics and they have the answer for you. If not, then they'll ask a tech.

TT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts