BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have the same headers on my 330ci.

The fit and finish is top-notch.

The pre-cat O2 sensors would be an easy fit. Impossible to install post car O2 sensors as the bungs location has serious interference issues. I had plans to run foulers because of this issue decided to go for the O2 delete software from AA itself.

Tip: Use stupid amounts of anti-seize and nickel coated nuts for the manifold bolts when you reinstall.

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
13,093 Posts
Thanks for the info! Can you link a page to the software for the o2 sensor delete?
Since your 2002 330i has the MS43 DME, you can just flash in the EU2 software (for free) to delete the post-cat O2 sensors and SAP system. I do this remotely for people on here all the time. See link in my sig below.

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
eh, i bought headers years ago, had them jet hot coated , which cost more than the headers lol, had aa remove the post in my tune

and then' sold them for a loss , it's just too much of a pia in ny with inspection

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since your 2002 330i has the MS43 DME, you can just flash in the EU2 software (for free) to delete the post-cat O2 sensors and SAP system. I do this remotely for people on here all the time. See link in my sig below.
Can I use that same free software to tune my car's AFRs by myself?

·
Registered
38 Posts

Is that tune only for MS43?

I have an 04 330 that I just installed headers yesterday and I’m looking at best options for coding out O2/SAP. I believe my DME is MS45 but I’ll have to hook up PASOFT to verify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
13,093 Posts
Is that tune only for MS43?

I have an 04 330 that I just installed headers yesterday and I***8217;m looking at best options for coding out O2/SAP. I believe my DME is MS45 but I***8217;ll have to hook up PASOFT to verify.k
It***8217;s also for the earlier MS42 (323/328) models, but not available for MS45.1 that your 2004 330 has.
See if they are custom tuning the MS45.1 over on ms4x.net.
https://www.ms4x.net/index.php?title=Siemens_MS45

1 - 11 of 11 Posts