E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I installed headers this weekend, and after everything went on I realized there's a leak between the headers and the engine block. I'm getting a harley-davidson rattle every time I accelerate, and an exhaust smell inside the cabin most of the time. I didn't get new gaskets when I replaced the headers, I should have, but if the gaskets are the case, Is there a way to install new gaskets without lifting up the car, removing the engine mount, etc?

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
226 Posts
Not sure but def replace gaskets...especially any exhaust gaskets. GL with the re-install and post up some vids!

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
NICK! REPLACE YOUR GASKETS! Lol Its gonna sound sweet though. Just throw on a new set of gaskets and you should be good.

·
Registered
641 Posts
yeah the guy I did it with said I could reuse em, I guess not
let's not forget me calling you asking if you wanted me to pick up new gaskets for you at the dealership as you didn't buy them before the swap like i told you though unfortunately you didn't want to spend $5x/per gasket

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Lesson learned. Don't skip when doing certain things. If I'm replacing parts, I replace everything, gaskets, bushings, shoot, I even put new bolts on. It's more of a pain in the ass to go back and have to re-do things when you think you're done.

Also waiting on sounds clips :excited:

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
let's not forget me calling you asking if you wanted me to pick up new gaskets for you at the dealership as you didn't buy them before the swap like i told you though unfortunately you didn't want to spend $5x/per gasket
Haha I'm not blaming you bro! I should've stopped being a cheapo and just bought new ones :rofl:

Lesson learned. Don't skip when doing certain things. If I'm replacing parts, I replace everything, gaskets, bushings, shoot, I even put new bolts on. It's more of a pain in the ass to go back and have to re-do things when you think you're done.

Also waiting on sounds clips :excited:
You'll get sound clips after my car stops sounding like a Harley Davidson from the front! :thumbsup:

·
Check us out at CES 2012!
1,144 Posts
Unfortunately you're going to need to re-do the process, always replace the gaskets. Lesson learned, let me know if you need help or hit up Motorcepts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts