BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know is possible to have two head units in our car,
rite now i have alpine headunit that plays cd, and now i am geting clarion vrx925vd , so is it okay for me to have two head unit like this setup in my car???
and can somebody post some pix of how it done

·
Europrojektz NW
989 Posts
No...the Alpine deck would be useless...only reason why people have double DIN w/ In-Dash DVD is because its used as an equalizer...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure you can, but is there a reason you'd want to do this? I only ask because if you are just looking to add a screen, there are cheaper routes to go.
yes , adding a screen is easier,but i still need dvd player and stuff rite??
so will it be cheaper than i buy a new head unit like 925vd ?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
E46_Angemon said:
No...the Alpine deck would be useless...only reason why people have double DIN w/ In-Dash DVD is because its used as an equalizer...
ya, thats what i think too, but i am really dont wanna switch the position of the deck, so i am thinking to put the clarion925 on the storebox under the a/c control? but guess it wont work rite?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not just put the clarion in place of the alpine????
ya, that is what i am talking about, if i dont remove the alpine deck, can i fit the clarion under the storebox and can the screen still open without blocking ? this is the case if the alpine stay in the original place,
if vice versa it will work for sure rite?

·
Taiwan/Vancouver/Shanghai
2,478 Posts
K-white330ci said:

ya, that is what i am talking about, if i dont remove the alpine deck, can i fit the clarion under the storebox and can the screen still open without blocking ? this is the case if the alpine stay in the original place,
if vice versa it will work for sure rite?

don't think the storage place is deep enough for a deck..

or.. are you talking about the A/C control pannel..??...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BMWintoxication said:

don't think the storage place is deep enough for a deck..

or.. are you talking about the A/C control pannel..??...
i am talking about the storage , i know it will fit, but wondering if the screen can still open...haa...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts