E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an appoinment for a 15,000 service this monday. I getting my springs put in tomorrow or friday, do you guys think that the dealer will give me **** if I ask them to do an allignment? I've heard that its part of the service if necesary. :dunno: Also will they give me a hard time for my Exhaust and DDE's? Anyone have any horror stories they'd like to share?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Well I am pretty sure they will void your suspension warranty if they find out you have aftermarket springs so I would think to not say anything unless your fellin ballsy and want to say that something is wrong with the alignment

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An after market shop is putting them in. (east side performance in Waltham MA) isnt an alignment usually needed afer an install. I figure ill ask them to perform one when i have my appt a few days after. plus the springs look quite simalar to stock and it doesnt lower too much so im wondering if they will even notice :dunno: I know theyre not stupid and all but...

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,330 Posts
There is no way they are gonna give you a free alignment because you got an aftermarket suspension kit. In fact those springs void your suspension warranty so there is no way they are gonna cover it. this is one thing I'm on the side of the dealership on. I installed aftermarket suspension but with the knowledge that I would have to deal with any future problems with it...

·
Registered
893 Posts
My dealer told me flat out that alignments are not included in any warranties. Kind of bs if you ask me.

·
Registered
266 Posts
according to my dealer... alignment is not including but brakes are... it seems like everything is including BESIDES alignment... and i've got that 100k warr. dumb me!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I don't think the stealership is gonna do it for you for free...
They may do it if you pay them... and it might be expensive.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I'll give it a shot I guess. The springs aren't in yet and when i hit the breaks it jerks slightly to the right. This was brought up in another thread the other day. Ill tell them about it and if they decide to do an alignment great, if not ill just go to direct tire or somthing. BTW how much does putting in springs through off the alignment?

·
Registered
460 Posts
they definitely won't do it for free.. take it somewhere else... it'll be much cheaper.. $30-$50

dealership will be about $135

·
Flying Monkey Herder
443 Posts
stell said:
Yea I'll give it a shot I guess. The springs aren't in yet and when i hit the breaks it jerks slightly to the right. This was brought up in another thread the other day. Ill tell them about it and if they decide to do an alignment great, if not ill just go to direct tire or somthing. BTW how much does putting in springs through off the alignment?
if i were you, i would get the suspension issues having to do with your car jerking to the right fixed BEFORE putting in aftermarket springs. the dealer would have a golden opportunity to refuse to fix the jerk if they see the aftermarket springs, despite it being there before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts