BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I want to get 5% all around my car and on the front window I want to get a really ligt tint. Is there anything that can efect any sensors in the car or such? I also want to install a Valentine 1 radar later on, will this effect it as well? Thanx

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
3,938 Posts
I have mine done, my car's 35% all around including the windshield and a strip on top that's 20%. Looks great and i haven't had any issues

·
Registered
224 Posts
asif2002 said:
Hey guys,
I want to get 5% all around my car and on the front window I want to get a really ligt tint. Is there anything that can efect any sensors in the car or such? I also want to install a Valentine 1 radar later on, will this effect it as well? Thanx
Not sure about FL, but this is illegal in many states. Check with local law enforcement before you do this.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,319 Posts
als said:
I have 50% on my windshield and 70% all-around. :thumbup:
How the heck do you see when driving at night?? :yikes:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Re: Re: Have any of you tinted your front windshield?

i have 5% on windshield, and it look dark as hell, but no problem here..:thumbup:

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,988 Posts
hi i am going to get it on my windshield

35 % all around want to get 20% on windshield
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Masterdebator
1,642 Posts
you guys must not live in California. We have the srtictest everything here, i sucks. The strictest emmisions, tint, ride height, sound, etc...

·
Registered
374 Posts
i have 5% on windshield
:yikes: wow. You're a brave man. I wouldn't call that driveable to have limo tint on my freaking windshield.

Personally, I wouldn't tint the windshield. True I live in Cali, but it's illegal in the majority states IIRC to tint the windshield.

·
Nymphomaniac
310 Posts
wouldn't it be dangerous to have your windshield tinted? Here in San Jose, my friend just had to pay a $82 fine for having the driver and passenger side window tinted. He thought it would be a fix ticket, but turned out to be a fine this time.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Faheem Daddy said:

i think you have it wrong, 50 percent is relatively pretty light and 70 is even lighter

·
Registered
853 Posts
5% windshield is crazy:banghead: the percentages mean how many percent off light comes in ur car right???sp meaning the less percentage the darker it is??

I wouldnt tint my windshield maybe the strip up top but not the whole thing...IMO it looks funny....maybe its jus me though:dunno:

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,784 Posts
38% on my windshield

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,784 Posts
Faheem Daddy said:

u see just as clear

·
Bimmerless
1,866 Posts
tricxe46 said:
5% windshield is crazy:banghead: the percentages mean how many percent off light comes in ur car right???sp meaning the less percentage the darker it is??

THe percentage is amount of percent of original view

5%=You have 5% visibility as that of a clear window

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
5,109 Posts
maybe we shoudl straighten this out. the lower the number the darker the tint. Look at it this way 0% is painted black and 100% is no tint at all. It rates the % of light that IS ABLE to pass into your car through the tint. 35% is the legal limit on windows except windshield here in CT and you cant have a tint on the windshield (doesnt mean you cant do it tho :) ) 50% on a windshield isnt bad, neither is 38 but 5 is rediculous, maybe you forgot to type the first number or something because my friend has 5% on his audi and you cant see in the windows on a clear day, if you have that on your windshield, your car is either a show car or your damn brave (or is it stupid?)
If you tint the windshield i wouldnt say go any lower than 35, my girlfriend has 20% on her jetta (not the windshield) and when i'm backing her car up at night i can barely see out the back window, my friend with the 5% says he has to roll his windows down at night when backing up to see in his mirrors(!). good luck with the decision.

dalton

1 - 20 of 44 Posts