BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

321 - 329 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Thanksgiving dinner! Cooked/prepped most of it at our house then hauled it to my parent's house. Smoked turkey, stuffing, brussel sprouts, bread, gravy, cherry pie, mmm! I ate way too much!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
It is kind of tough to tell in this picture but I picked up about twelve 8 foot boards for a hardshell rooftop tent I am building on my touring. Fitting wood this long is kind of a tight fit and not ideal for long trips but for the half hour trip home from home depot, this setup works just fine. No cutting required.
Sorry about the bad lighting.

·
Registered
809 Posts
It is kind of tough to tell in this picture but I picked up about twelve 8 foot boards for a hardshell rooftop tent I am building on my touring. Fitting wood this long is kind of a tight fit and not ideal for long trips but for the half hour trip home from home depot, this setup works just fine. No cutting required. View attachment 916020 Sorry about the bad lighting.
Wow! Will you be starting a thread on your project?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow! Will you be starting a thread on your project?
I will definitely start a thread once I make more progress on it. Here's some pictures I have so far. It is super light weight and fits a 6" queen sized memory foam mattress. This is just the frame and floor. I still have to cut and sew the walls and attach the roof. It pops up. the roof and floor are corrugated plastic. I'm building my own because real roof top tents cost over $1,000 and are too heavy for the roof of my touring.

·
Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
894 Posts
I think the brown mulch is the way to go anyway... seems to hold its color longer and when it does fade it looks more natural.

I'm probably going to have a 3 or 4 yards trucked in this year to do a big stretch along one of our property lines. I haven't done much for landscaping since we moved into our house like 8 years ago.

321 - 329 of 329 Posts