E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident Biznatch Slapper
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through discounttiredirect.com and came across replica BMW wheels like these M5's:

Have any of you seen these? Do they look good? Are they heavy? How is the finish etc....

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,789 Posts
yeah, my friend with an E36 M3 has a couple sets of the M5 reps.
they look nice but are heavy. They are 17's and weigh more than my 18" magics. I dont know the exact weight, but just by picking up the two, you can tell.

And yes, the center caps from the oem wheels do fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just found out about this place DVR that sells M3 and M5 replicas. I've been talking via email with someone there named Rafael that responded to an email I sent to get more information about the replicas. This guy has been nothing but helpful. I highly recommend checking out their site and sending them an email from the link on their page with any questions you have. They make both the M3 and M5 replicas to fit an E46 without any mods and they look exactly like the OEMs from what I can tell. I think I'm going to be fitting my baby with a set of M5s real soon from these guys. Good luck!

http://www.toorawheels.com/

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have the replicas in chrome 18's on mine. They are not heavy for chromed out wheels, they actually weigh close to the chrome wheels I had in 16's on my civic back in the hay day.

Good choice of wheels, can't go wrong with the M5 replicas :thumbup: - go chrome if you can

·
next mod: recaro child seat
1,884 Posts
i was just about to start a thread on the same topic...

i just came across these:

www.edgeracing.com
"Our high quality replica wheels bear TUV and JWL certification. Manufactured in Europe by some of the top alloy wheel manufacturers with the latest construction technology and finish quality."

http://www.edgeracing.com/WTP/Replica-x303-v-230.jpg

they don't post weights, but they do encourage calls for more details; very reasonably priced and the TUV approval goes a long way in my book.

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,789 Posts
I bought wheels from them in the past.
For me personally, not very good service. there were problems with the wheels and I have to argue for a few days for them to correct the issue and even then I lost money.
just a head up to you guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts