BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a garage door opener, but I cant seem to find anywhere to put it, it sits in the armrest, but I find it rattles. I was thinking of installing a DIY switch on the Panel where the sun roof switch is...I'll try to post a pic of where I'm talking about, but my camera isnt fully functional.

Does anyone know how to remove that panel?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just pry the panel off with a "clean" screwdriver stuck into the edge, it should detach pretty effortlessly, be careful not to get it dirty.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasnt able to locate the DIY at BMW planet, can someone help?

Is the opener part in the picture an OEM part?

·
call me kev :D
6,179 Posts
hahah OPPPPPPPS.... sorry i meant to say bmwnation.. not planet.. hehe

my bad

and yeah it's OEM

·
T!TSLVR
1,251 Posts
How much is that part??? that looks cool..

I want :D

EDIT: DOH... $179 for a garage door opener?? I will stick with the free transmitter that came with the opener. :tsk:

·
No more mods
307 Posts
Impulss said:

EDIT: DOH... $179 for a garage door opener?? I will stick with the free transmitter that came with the opener. :tsk:
I got mine from Pacific about $135.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
lol anyone remember hamann 99's garage door opener. That was a cool one

·
Registered
374 Posts
does this transmitter also work with x10 lights? I think there was an acessory kit to work with x10. if it does, I'm buying it tomorrow - I've got x10 in my house and that would be so sweet!

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,325 Posts
3Wagon said:
does this transmitter also work with x10 lights? I think there was an acessory kit to work with x10. if it does, I'm buying it tomorrow - I've got x10 in my house and that would be so sweet!
Yes, it also works with X10 lights. You don't need the accessory kit, although I did have to install a second X10 receiver in my garage, because the transmitter in the car wouldn't reach the receiver in the house. But it works great, the BMW Universal Transmitter can learn the codes from your X10 remote.

I just installed my transmitter last week, got it from Pacific BMW, the installation was really easy - it took me 15 minutes total to install and program the thing.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Impulss said:

Silly M3 owner, OEM garage door openers are for 325's! :D I got one! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yes, it also works with X10 lights. You don't need the accessory kit, although I did have to install a second X10 receiver in my garage, because the transmitter in the car wouldn't reach the receiver in the house. But it works great, the BMW Universal Transmitter can learn the codes from your X10 remote.
You are the man!

Oh - I did see at some point in my research that if you call Homelink and complain about the range, they will send you a little antenna you can install in your unit that will boost the range. Might want to give that a try.

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,325 Posts
Oh - I did see at some point in my research that if you call Homelink and complain about the range, they will send you a little antenna you can install in your unit that will boost the range. Might want to give that a try.
I will have to check that out. Did you see that on their web site or something?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
slow323ci said:
I will have to check that out. Did you see that on their web site or something?
they sent me one a long time ago
ill see if i still have the info anywhere...... i think i just called the customer service number on their website

1 - 20 of 26 Posts