BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a good source for the A-Pillar Front Inner Insert / Airbag Cover?

I found this: $20

This: $25

And this: $30

Any cheaper solutions?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Has anyone found a good source for the A-Pillar Front Inner Insert / Airbag Cover?

I found this: $20

This: $25

And this: $30

Any cheaper solutions?
Had my old ones reupholstered and used double sided 3m tape to keep em in place. Worked perfectly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,606 Posts
$20 is about as cheap as I've seen the black ones. if you're buying a pair you might consider using FCP Euro. they're more expensive but you'll cover the $50 minimum and get free shipping. But more importantly they will then have Lifetime Warranty and replacement should they peel again or breat a tab or two.

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,934 Posts
I just bought some recently, got them at my local dealer. I think that I paid $23 after CCA discount.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well....I'm trying to find a cheap solution because I'm experimenting with upholstering and possibly selling complete interior kits on ebay. Have done a few set of B and C pillars with happy buyers who want A pillars as well. A few local inquires for complete kits in black and those damn strips are the bottle neck of the whole process. I can spend some time reinforcing the back side of the fragile A pillars with resin, but the cost of new inset strips makes the project cost prohibitive. People are cheap...

So far I have been upholstering over the cavity and installing a single bolt at the very top which isn't very noticeable. Some are happy with this for a complete black Sedan interior kit for 350 but others would prefer to have the proper covers. So I'm just trying to find better solutions.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$20 is about as cheap as I've seen the black ones. if you're buying a pair you might consider using FCP Euro. they're more expensive but you'll cover the $50 minimum and get free shipping. But more importantly they will then have Lifetime Warranty and replacement should they peel again or breat a tab or two.
How much for any non-black ones? I can reupholster.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
$20 is the cheaper solution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts