BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2004 330Ci with about 2000 miles on it and the transmission takes a moment to kick in drive upon first use of the day. I back out the driveway just fine, but when I shift to drive, it take a bit to kick in. After this, its fine.

I also notice this to a much lesser extent when leaving work in the afternoons.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior? :dunno:

Thanks,
Keith

·
moderation in all things
908 Posts
yes. exactly as you describe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Jason.

What, if anything, did you do about it?

If it never gets any worse I may just live with it as opposed to hassling with the dealer.

Keith

·
Registered
190 Posts
yes, i have teh same problem with me 03 330i wit the step tranny,a couple of times after backing outta the driveway before it actually get into drive i've stalled it, i didnt even know it was possible to stall an auto, but i've done it cant be good though

·
Registered
328 Posts
KWanderi,
I have a 2003 325ci and I had the same problem when I first got my car. When I put it in drive, the car would jump into gear. My car would do it every time I put it into drive though. My car would also rev when I was sitting still and the car was in drive the RPM's would jump up by themselves like my car was possessed. I brought my car in for service and they said that they never saw that problem before. After a week, they reprogrammed my ecu and the problem was fixed. Now my car rarely kicks into drive, only when the engine is really cold. So your car should be ok unless your rpms jump around like mine did.

·
Registered
836 Posts
two of my homies friend which i dont know who both have 2004 body coupes have tranny problems. They floor it and it just goes to high 6,000's rpm and doesnt shift, in d mode 2. The other girls tranny just downshifts for no reason at all and it made her get into accident at freeway once almost.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all.

Seems to be a common issue, I suspected as much. I just feather the gas pedal until it catches, a couple of seconds, and all is fine after that.

I just hate going the dealer and hearing:
"We never saw that problem before so we'll need to keep your car for diagnostic tests".

Thanks again,
Keith

·
First 19" ZHP
1,463 Posts
ya i have that same exact problems in the morning but when the car is hot it works just fine

1 - 15 of 15 Posts