E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
leaving work today I get in my car and leave and my air is on the lowest setting like always and after about 5min of driving it starts blowing full blast when I look at the control its still on its lowest setting so I try to turn it up then down and it keeps blowing full blast so I turn it of for a few min and turn it back on and it seems fine until a few min later it does the same thing and the fan speed switch doesnt change a thing it raises and lowers but the fan keeps blowing full blast but the switch will turn it off . also this is the fan blower or whatever the ac button was off this whole time.
2nd question is every since I have owned my car the blower fan comes on at its lowest setting as soon as you start the car or turn the switch on all the way is this normal its a 2000 BMW 323i

·
Registered
271 Posts
Take your car in. I had this same problem with my 2000 328i a while back. There was a recall done back regarding this. It has do with the fan control device which needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks for the info That makes me feel alot better now to know that it will be covered by bmw my car just hit 50,000 miles so it would not be covered under warranty .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.