BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here done the European Delivery?
I'm scheduled to pick mine up in about a month over there and I didn't know if any body would have any tips. It'll be my first time to Germany, but not Europe. Especially in regards to places to drive and party (and no, not at the same time - I definitely want to bring her home in one piece).
I don't know if I can wait anymore!
Thanks
 

·
Network Analyst
Joined
·
3,469 Posts
Sound slike it should be fun. I did the Performance Delivery in South Carolina. That was quite an experience.

dave
 

·
-not a mod-
Joined
·
21,129 Posts
Lots of places to go.. are you picking it up in Munich? If so most of the nice spots are less than 4 hours away. Depends on what kind of things your looking to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I did it and can't wait to do it again! My trip was way too short though. I left CA Thu morning, arrived in MUC around 8:30 Fri morning and left Mon morn.

Took a taxi (MB S-class :D ) to the Delivery Center in ~ 20 min (at 110mph). Had to wait for a few others picking up before me. Got free food while waiting. The process took maybe 15-20 minutes. Went straight to the Munich dealer to check out stuff. Prices are higher or same as in the States, but there's some cool stuff you won't find here.

You gotta do the factory tour - very cool! English tours are Mon and Fri only and you need to reserve a spot a month in advance.

As for places to drive, you might be limited by weather in Dec/Jan.

Go here for the best info on ED: ED discussion

I hope you got the NAV. It was a ***** driving around the City. And if you're dropping off the day you fly out, be sure to do a drive by on the HARMS shipping dropoff location so you know how to get there ahead of time.
 

·
TiAg 330i
Joined
·
566 Posts
y2kfalcon said:
Has anyone here done the European Delivery?
I'm scheduled to pick mine up in about a month over there and I didn't know if any body would have any tips. It'll be my first time to Germany, but not Europe. Especially in regards to places to drive and party (and no, not at the same time - I definitely want to bring her home in one piece).
I don't know if I can wait anymore!
Thanks
http://members.roadfly.com/ak_330i/ed.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BudMan2003 said:
Lots of places to go.. are you picking it up in Munich? If so most of the nice spots are less than 4 hours away. Depends on what kind of things your looking to do.

Yeah, Munich on Dec 4th. I'm only going to be there Thurs am thru Sun pm, so it's kind of a short trip. I definitely want to log some miles (or km's I guess) on the autobahns, and see some of the countryside at the same time. And I also want to take the factory tour. Other than that I just want to soak up some of the city (and some German beer).
Any tips you'd have would be greatly appreciated!:bow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
its just going to be torture when you have to wait for them to ship your car home
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bbkat said:
Went straight to the Munich dealer to check out stuff. Prices are higher or same as in the States, but there's some cool stuff you won't find here.

You gotta do the factory tour - very cool! English tours are Mon and Fri only and you need to reserve a spot a month in advance.

As for places to drive, you might be limited by weather in Dec/Jan.

Go here for the best info on ED: ED discussion

I hope you got the NAV. It was a ***** driving around the City. And if you're dropping off the day you fly out, be sure to do a drive by on the HARMS shipping dropoff location so you know how to get there ahead of time.
Thanks for the info. What kinda stuff can I get there that isn't available over here?
I'm going to have my dealer make me a reservation today for the factory tour.
And no, I didn't spring for the NAV, but I did spend about $20 on maps of Munich and Southern Germany. Now, what to do with the $1780 I saved....
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top