E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually had cross-drilled rotors(on their BMW) crake on them, do u see the crack and than they just fall apart?

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
43,113 Posts
never happened to me! when I upgraded to bbks I chose cross drilled since I've never had any issues and plus it look :pimpin:

·
Registered
625 Posts
dinane46328i said:
Has anyone actually had cross-drilled rotors(on their BMW) crake on them, do u see the crack and than they just fall apart?
My cross-drilled Brembos have been fine for 8000 miles, no problems at all. :thumbup:

·
Banned
462 Posts
Do you have to replace cross drilled or any non OEM type of rotors everytime you change the brakes or will they last longer?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
i'll bet no one drives their car hard enough to have the cracking issue.

well except a few guys that actually track their cars or race them.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Many sets of crossed drilled...

no cracks or problems whatsoever - at the track at least once a month... and also the daily drive :thumbup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
You don't have to worry about cracks unless you are driving and braking down at very high speeds, therefore generating very high temperatures high enough for the metal to warp. High speed + hard braking = high temps= warped metal= small fractures= CRACKS! :thumbup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rotors should last at least 3-4 pad changes, depending on the type of driver you are.

And yea, don't see too many cracked rotors... seen the mythological "warped" rotors, but never a cracked one.... well aside from this one below ;-)

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts