E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Can a pre-wired harness for Angel Eyes be purchased? I have searhced the forums, ebay and online but have not come across one. I bought the platinum Angel Eyes (see below) and was hoping to buy a harness pre-made...
BMW E46 Projector Headlight CCFL Angel Eye Kit - HID White 7000K ( I know, I know).

Thanks in advance,
Yanni

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
IF anyone can post a link, that'd be great. I have searched 2 BMW forums, ebay, froggle.com (search tool is my friend) but no wiring harness for E46.:dunno:
Yanni

UPDATE: Link found in bimmian.com

In case anyone else is looking: You must go to their 50% off items (SPECIALS)

http://www.bimmian.com/page.htm?page=specials

scroll down (quite bad website design, search tool does not search for strings in 50% off section, scrolling bar is nearly invisible under IE7) and look for this:

Replacement Wiring Harness (One) For Any Halo Kit | With Remote Trigger Option

$35 SKU: SPE090015

So I ordered it and I'll post an update after I attempt an install.

Thanks for the advice folks !
:bow:

Yanni

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just found out the relay is not included in this 'harness'. What:ben: crap!!!
And the item got shipped yesterday. :banghead:

I just got the reply today, "Would you like to add that to your order?" WTF?

ARGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it everything, expect for the relay? If you just need the relay, they are very common and you should be able to pick one up at any autoparts store or some places like Fry's.

Thanks!

I guess I was hoping to avoid that and just get everything on one place.
I went to LODRCO and grabbed everything. Wire, fuses, heat shrink, Relay, relay coupler, etc etc

Yanni

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Harness from Bimmian has relay !!!

So it turns out the harness DOES include the relay after all. :excited: I guess the sales person at bimmian was not aware of this. The harness and writing on the Relay is EXACTLY like this (See picture below):

http://www.fastm.com/m3/angeleyes.html

Thus, it's is exactly the same harness as provided in the Umnitza light kit. In case anybody was wondering! :thumbsup:

My ballasts connection to the harness is straight wire but that is an easy fix. Buy some ends and use a crimper for $5!
Looks like I'll have angel eyes soon.....

Yanni

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Finally installed Angel Eyes

:pimpin:Damn ! I love this forum

I finally got the Angel Eyes installed with the remote foot well lighting. BTW, the remote option is a MUST !!!!:excited:

Yeah don't even bother commenting on the next picture.... :nono: I already ordered 2 brand new lens covers !!! :woot:

A few comments: The install is not hard but it's not easy. There are lots of steps that seem VERY difficult at first.
I was cursing about some of the forum members that are like" oh yeah, easy, only 45 minutes" All I can say is : :liar: !!! HAHAHAHAHAH

Seriously I spend 3-4 hours over 3 days, and that is not even counting the trips to Lordco and the time reading up on this. And I DID have a harness!
If I had to do it again, however, I could do it in probably an hour and a half. Maybe less...

(Remote foot well option is probably an hour in itself, it's impossible without removing the glove box in my car)

Overall a great mod.

Kosta (Athens), go for it !!! :thumbsup:

PS I'm actually thinking of buying another exact set to have spares. Considering how much effort it would be to switch all 4 again if I cannot find a match, $90 seems like a good deal for 2 ballasts and 4 rings. To boot, the connectors will match (ballast to ring) so I'd only have to replace the ring OR ballast if anything blows, an easy fix.

Almost forgot, these have silver/chrome in the back side... Is that similar to Chromiums maybe?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update:
A year and a half later... no problems. I did buy another set of Angel Eyes as backup but I haven't needed them yet.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You probably don't have to, but I don't quite understand what the harness does electrically. I just know that it works. It's not rocket science to figure it out, but I couldn't be bothered to.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Replaced the lens covers this year + the seals. 2016. So the originals lasted a full 8 years and looked pretty good. The angel eyes are still working fine even though I still have a backup pair.
Not bad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.