E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just one question - I don't seem to have the cellular hookup in my headliner (by the lights) that everyone else has. Is this something additional I must purchase?

·
Go fast Daddy!
192 Posts
Jeremy152 said:
Just one question - I don't seem to have the cellular hookup in my headliner (by the lights) that everyone else has. Is this something additional I must purchase?
If you are referring to the documented wires that you tap into, these are tucked away. You need to dig a little to find them.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeremy152 said:
Are you talking about the mircrophone slot on the right side of the trim? That is only a cover. There is no microphone in there unless you purchase or had it as an option. You can still do this install though because the wire you tap into is for the Universal Transmitter (Grage Door Opener).

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
digitalgm said:
Looking good buddy.... Hey you are in ECB... whats your name?

AdamR
Adam,

It's me John. aka JetBlackVenom. I need to get one screen name for all of these different boards.

·
Registered
72 Posts
And just how exactly do you hide that from the po-po in VA??? Just wondering cause I'd love to have one but with my luck, I'd get caught :eeps: I've heard great things about the V1 not being able to be detected by the police's radar, but still if they see it with their eyes, you're done... specially that dayum bizatch motorcycle cop parked on the corner of Prince and N. Payne(or maybe it's N. West)... anyway, I've seen her walk into the middle of the street just to make sure your inspection and county stickers are up to date.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GUINNESS said:
And just how exactly do you hide that from the po-po in VA??? Just wondering cause I'd love to have one but with my luck, I'd get caught :eeps: I've heard great things about the V1 not being able to be detected by the police's radar, but still if they see it with their eyes, you're done... specially that dayum bizatch motorcycle cop parked on the corner of Prince and N. Payne(or maybe it's N. West)... anyway, I've seen her walk into the middle of the street just to make sure your inspection and county stickers are up to date.
Right now, I'm not doing anything special. Although I do have 28% tint on my windows (another reason to pull me over). I've been pretty lucky. I don't drive all crazy either. Haven't been out there in N. West to see the po po chick. Sounds like a real piece of work. Currently I am working on my concealed display. I am "machining" the ashtray for a nice snug fit. Once done I will post a DIY.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Cool man, would love to see what you come up with. That one corner I'm talking about is just off Duke and about 2 blocks west of N. Henry (I think that's the street for Rt 1 that runs south, if it's not, then I meant Patrick...)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts