BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I hardwired my v1 yesterday and I am working on making the concealed display work in my little ash tray thing. I have a cord that long but i need to know how to run it. I think it has to run across the windshield to the left, down the a pillar and then what? Does anyone have any guides for this ... I already searched and couldnt find anything.

AdamR

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,767 Posts
Once you are down the A pillar you can run it under the dash. If you run it on the passenger side you will not have to deal wit the pedals being in the way while you work. Take off the kick panel and sneak the cable around to get to the back of the ash tray. It isn't very hard, there is plenty of room.

Tim

·
Registered
18 Posts
digitalgm said:
Whats the best way to get off the A-pillar? Do I have to un-adhere the weatherstripping?

AdamR
Don't take off the cover on the A-Pillar, tuck the cord under it using a credit card.

·
Registered
18 Posts
digitalgm said:
Oh damn thats a good idea! Thanks! How does the under steering wheel cover come off?

AdamR
This is my V1 installation:

1. Power and tel. cords mounted under sunroof switch etc. (This is standard.)

2. The that should connect to the V1 I attach a black telephone in-line coupler (this permits two telephone cords to be connected together.) I then keep this very close to and behind the mirror.

3. The V1 unit is mounted high up on the drivers side, just to the left of the center console. I use a small 3-4 inch telephone cord to connect to the in-line coupler. This allows me to connect and disconnect quickly without wearing out the V1 jack or having a long cord hanging around when the V1 is removed.

4. The remote display cord is run under the headliner to the top of the A-Pillar on the left. It exits just near the top of the upper left hand corner of the windshield.

5. The remote display cord enters the A-Pillar cover near the top and runs down by the dash on the left near the door seal. It is always under the cover so you do not see the cord at all.

6. The cord then exits by the dash bottom and I run it under the bottom dash cover. This requires unscrewing the cover.

7. The cord then run up under the steering wheel on the right side and up to the remote display placed on the dash just to the right of the trip computer display.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts