E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing a little research on tires and what I'm going for is a fairly good high performance all season tire that won't be crazy expensive.

Pep Boys around my way is selling the Hankook Ventus V2 at the buy 3 get 1 free for 520 mounted balanced and installed blah blah. This also includes a 45k mile warranty!

This sounds pretty good to me. Do I go with these or am I missing something about these tires?

***Please only respond with knowledge of these tires before giving another recommendation

· Registered
6,682 Posts
The only Hankook all-season I can find in those sizes with a warranty for wear is the new Ventus S1 Noble2, which has a 50,000 mile warranty. Currently it sells for $136 each in 225/40R18.

Our lowest cost all-season tire with 45k mile warranty or higher is the Kumho ECSTA LX Platinum, a 60,000 mile warranty, currently selling for $118 per tire in 225/40R18.

Tires http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BN4&url=/tires/index.jsp

· Registered
1,057 Posts
Those tires aren't sold or even listed on Tire Rack. I had a set on my 323i on 205/60/16 wheels and they were quiet and smooth tires. I paid $352 from Discount Tire and then paid $140 for the alignment and $60 to have them mounted. However I will say they didn't really match the personality of the car as they were too soft in the corners for a BMW but I wasn't concerned about that. I put 5k miles on them before I sold the car and they still looked new.

· Registered
877 Posts
Are they the V2, or V12 you're looking at, OP? I almost got a set of the V12s on accident lol. My buddy works at a garage/tire place, and I had told him to order me up some decent all-seasons. Those were what he originally ordered, and they had a rebate at the time, but I caught them on TireRack and noticed they were the summer tires, so we switched up to the Nobles instead. The V12s didn't look too bad though, and I would've gotten them if it weren't for snow!

· Registered
11,323 Posts
I'm pretty sure OP means the Ventus V12. For a summer performance tire, the Hankook Ventus V12 is an awesome tire. Great value for the money, in my opinion. That being said, there are definitely other tires that will outperform it, but you'll pay a bit more for them.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had seen some V2 Ventus rims (that have recently been taken down) in the pepboys website...they were well rated on 1010tires but I have moved on to considering another tire as I can't find them anywhere else...

What I wanna know now is if 225/40/18 in the front and 235/40/18 in the back will fit fine without any rubbing? My wheels are 18x8 et35 front and 18x9 et 38 in the back

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had seen some V2 Ventus rims (that have recently been taken down) in the pepboys website...they were well rated on 1010tires but I have moved on to considering another tire as I can't find them anywhere else...

What I wanna know now is if 225/40/18 in the front and 235/40/18 in the back will fit fine without any rubbing? My wheels are 18x8 et35 front and 18x9 et 38 in the back

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.