BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My BMW has been left for 3-4 weeks on the driveway. According to my other half the alarm kept going off over the period of a few days last week. She disconnected the battery to stop it from happening. When I got back a couple days ago I turned the engine on after putting the battery back on and everything was fine.

But yesterday I turned the engine on and suddenly the hand break light stayed orange, the DSC light was orange, the airbag light came on red and the Run flat indicator stayed orange. The fact all have came on at the same time makes me think its a battery issue, I have put it on charge and will wait to see the results, but does anyone else know what it could be? I am assuming it is not an ABS sensor as the ABS light has not come on?

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The airbag light will have to be cleared with the appropriate scanner, some lights will come on after a low battery and clear after moving the car, the airbag light isn't one of them.

Ok that sounds good. so if the battery is the reason, and I give it a drive the remaining lights will hopefully disappear, but not the airbag light?

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Ok that sounds good. so if the battery is the reason, and I give it a drive the remaining lights will hopefully disappear, but not the airbag light?

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
When I had lights on they were gone before I was out of the driveway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update*
I went and had the codes read today and the airbag light read that it had something to do with the driver and passenger seats not being fixed in position, but they are. He reset them and said a low battery may be the issue. The remaining codes were activated due to an alignment sensor or something like that, but he simply turned the wheel from one lock to the other and they reset after a few goes.

TL;DR - all the lights seemed to have something to do with the battery being low and being disconnected and reconnected.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts