BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a replica kit for about $300.00 I seen in previous post that many where planning to buy them. I was just wondering how they came out?
I havent installed mine yet, but I want to see how it is going to look.
If you have one please post your pics or put info or feedback on the kits.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
300$ wow thats a sick price.... all good exept the add-on wont meet the bumper and look as clean and fit as well.... you will probably have gaps where the bumper meets the add-on....

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,598 Posts
nah just get it done and see for yourself..:eeps:

·
Thread Hijacker!!!
380 Posts
Hey Cali,

where did you get the kit for 300 bucks???you wanna share some info on where you got it that cheap? I might be interested in getting one too..very soon. I can't decide. TIA.

JT

·
Registered
668 Posts
I haven't got any body add ons, but I've seen some replicas and it depends on the shop putting them on the car. Some replica's I've seen look excellent and totally original. Conversely i've also seen some botched original jobs. With replica's there is definitely some adjustment and perhaps some cutting involved. It depends on the experience and flexibility of the panel beater. It's like the m3 hood on the non M cars. The bodyshop putting it on needs to know how to adjust the hood to make it flush. That comes with experience.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey Jaytee0401

I have a replica Kit for sale I'll sell it for 300 bucks + shipping. Email me back at [email protected] or reply back to this chat...Thanks!

·
I know all about that...
2,215 Posts
I understand most people can't justify paying the price that Hamann asks for their kit and that totally makes sense. But $300 for a body kit is just asking for a piece of trash. Very rarely to replica kits ever fit right. If you have a good body shop they can mold it a bit and hopefully fit it on. The saying "You get what you pay for" comes to mind when I look at anything replica for our cars. Good luck with the kit, I hope it fits. :)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
ebay sells them as a whole kit ..........4 pieces front sides and rear..........
DropTopBM are you looking for a new front add on or something?
i thought u ahve a real front add on........why are u looking for a replica now?..........

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
not true with the fitment nowadays.
replicas fit pretty well, even manufacturers are actually experimenting with different kinds of mixtures of materials.
The latest ones I've seen, the fiberglass/polyurethane composite, I tried twisting the add on, and it doesn't break...and fits just like the original on the owner's sedan...
Of course there are so many manufacturers of replicas...just watch out where you get it from...
It kinda sucks that now, even some of the original pieces are made of fiberglass.

·
I know all about that...
2,215 Posts
vincentw said:
not true with the fitment nowadays.
replicas fit pretty well, even manufacturers are actually experimenting with different kinds of mixtures of materials.
The latest ones I've seen, the fiberglass/polyurethane composite, I tried twisting the add on, and it doesn't break...and fits just like the original on the owner's sedan...
Of course there are so many manufacturers of replicas...just watch out where you get it from...
It kinda sucks that now, even some of the original pieces are made of fiberglass.

Good to hear, it's just so dicey that I don't think I'd like to gamble with my money like that. If you buy off ebay most of the pictures aren't even of what you get they are pics of the real kit so you have absolutely nothing to go off, I know that's not worth the risk of getting crap for my $300.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually I think that they fit pretty well too. There have been post of people being really happy with their replica kits too. I have taken my off the box and I tried so see the fit. IT looks good to me. Like any other Kit.
Also Hamann is making their kits of fiber glass too, except the front bumper. I think that for $300 I dont have much to loose.
I will post pictures once I install my kit for your opinions.

·
I know all about that...
2,215 Posts
Cali6869 said:
Actually I think that they fit pretty well too. There have been post of people being really happy with their replica kits too. I have taken my off the box and I tried so see the fit. IT looks good to me. Like any other Kit.
Also Hamann is making their kits of fiber glass too, except the front bumper. I think that for $300 I dont have much to loose.
I will post pictures once I install my kit for your opinions.
Awesome good to hear man, but I have heard just as many, or more horror stories of people getting crap kits off ebay and from other places, I'm glad the word "replica" is starting to mean more these days than what it used to.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
if u want to buy a replica, if possible please see it in person first...
cheaply made ones, are so thin, with slight adjustment it might break....and fitment of course is the major issue...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts