BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Which color should the Hamann wheels be?

• Gold spokes w/ silver lip

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Completely gold face and lip

• Matte black spokes w/ silver lip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matte black completely

• Repaint silver completely

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Something else...

Votes: 2 18.2%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do you think Gold spokes with silver rims or completely gold painted rims look with my silver 99 323i? Or anything else... vote in the poll and give any suggestions please and thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks so good :drool:
It's a tough look, but I think JB and AW cars pull it off

P.S. - keep the lips polished
I am gonna try but all of lips and spokes are messed up. The clear has all peeled up and that's why I am either considering just repainting them. I don't know how to sand the lip to re clear it...

·
Registered
566 Posts
I am gonna try but all of lips and spokes are messed up. The clear has all peeled up and that's why I am either considering just repainting them. I don't know how to sand the lip to re clear it...
Are they multi-piece wheels? If so you can remove the lips and chemically strip em. Otherwise, search. A few cool wheel projects have been done here

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are they multi-piece wheels? If so you can remove the lips and chemically strip em. Otherwise, search. A few cool wheel projects have been done here
I don't think HM2s are multi piece. Chemical strippers? hmmm I'll try searching again. Thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
just sell the rims and buy yourself a works vs instead. you'll be disappointed with how it will turn out painting the hamann to gold.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just sell the rims and buy yourself a works vs instead. you'll be disappointed with how it will turn out painting the hamann to gold.
I'll just repaint 'em silver sooner or later and that way they will be easier to resell as well...

Thanks to everybody that gave me their input.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Those rims look sick! I'm not sure how a 5spoke wheel with thick spokes would look like in gold?:hmm:

Granted this picture isnt too clear, but I think you should pass on the gold for this wheel

Yea that gold is hecka dark. Ill pass on the gold. I was going for the lighter gold.

I just saw a gunmetal color and I am considering that as well, what do you think about a gunmetal black/grey?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yea, I was going for the lighter gold.

I just saw a gunmetal color and I am considering that as well, what do you think about a gunmetal black/grey?
Honestly, I think it would look best if you just refinished the wheels in a bright silver finish:thumbup:

It will definitely pop and stand out when they are clean!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Honestly, I think it would look best if you just refinished the wheels in a bright silver finish:thumbup:

It will definitely pop and stand out when they are clean!
Gotya, thanks for the suggestions. I just need to figure out how to do it now haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts