BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any prior knowledge about the Hamann front add on piece. I am considering buying this replica I found on ebay and had a few quetsions about it before buying.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7924704684&category=36475&sspagename=WDVW

1. If I have this painted and attached to my otherwise stock (in terms of body panels) 328Ci, will it look good or will the front of the car be to low for the rest of it)?

2. How much (approx.) would it cost to have it painted and installed at a body shop?

3. Would this piece make ground clearance a real problem?

4. Has anyone put it on their car? If so, how did you like it?

5. Would this obviously be a replica once installed or would it look rather authentic?

·
Registered
202 Posts
2000_328CI said:
Anyone have any prior knowledge about the Hamann front add on piece. I am considering buying this replica I found on ebay and had a few quetsions about it before buying.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7924704684&category=36475&sspagename=WDVW

1. If I have this painted and attached to my otherwise stock (in terms of body panels) 328Ci, will it look good or will the front of the car be to low for the rest of it)?

2. How much (approx.) would it cost to have it painted and installed at a body shop?

3. Would this piece make ground clearance a real problem?

4. Has anyone put it on their car? If so, how did you like it?

5. Would this obviously be a replica once installed or would it look rather authentic?
1. It looks awesome...but I'd get sideskirts b/c I don't think would look good by itself but thats IMO.
2. Installation you can DIY...its rather easy, but the paint might cost you around $400 probably more depending on the body shop you go to and the quality paint they use.
3. It will be lower, when my friend had his...he hit a pothole in the rain because he couldn't see it, and it cracked his front bumper and add-on...but generally it isn't that low.
4. My friend luved it, we luved it, mad compliments on it.
5. Naw generally w/ most of these add-ons and kits most people can't tell the difference unless they check that seal that says "Hamann #010230"

·
Registered
28,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it wouldn't look good by itself? What if I got that and had the car lowered an inch or so? I am kinda not interested in a getting sideskirts and a new bumper etc etc.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hmmm...I guess you could pull it off, but even lowered, the front ends gonna look lower than the rest of the body. I'd just get the whole Hamann kit :woot:

·
Registered
28,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So yes/no, it would look good by itself on the front of my car?

·
Registered
28,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If not, would that front lip in addition to Hamann GTR sides with a stock bumper look good? Or would I then have to get a new bumper too?

·
Registered
202 Posts
NO!!! and that add-on is for sedans only, it won't fit ure car

·
Registered
259 Posts
no it won't I e-mailed the seller and he says it won't fit the 328ci's

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
48,236 Posts
2000_328CI said:
So yes/no, it would look good by itself on the front of my car?
No it wont cause Hamann's kit is low, with stock sides and rear it will not flow.

·
Registered
59 Posts
bluecougar said:
No it wont cause Hamann's kit is low, with stock sides and rear it will not flow.
:werd: IMO I think the best addon with stock sides is the Hartge. I just installed mine a couple of weeks ago and looks :str8pimpi

BTW, I had my Hartge front addon, acs roof, m3 lip, and hamann eyelids painted for $325.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts