E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys,
Today I had Midas install my Hamann DTM exhaust. They set the exhaust to high up so it has somewhat pushed the bumper up a teenie tiny bit and the tips are resting along the underside of the bumper... Because this will melt away at the bumper and ruin the paint in that area, they are fixing it tomorrow. Other than that... THE EHXAUST SOUNDS SOOO NICE!!! I didn't remove the resonators and the car honestly sounds like a v8. The closest thi8ng I can relate it to would be a Porsche 911 *(lots of base at idle and throaty revs)

HOWEVER, here is my question.... I am not crazy about the flared up tips... is there anything I can do to get Hamann tips that go straight back (similar to the stock tips just wider and with the Hamann logos)??? Anyone know anything about this??? Helpw would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Help PLEASE!

·
Sienna Red Coupe
6,505 Posts
Sell that exhaust to me and buy a new exhaust with different tips? Other than that you can have a shop cut off the tips and weld straight tips on.

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,798 Posts
yeah, you can have the tips cut off and have new tips welded but i doubt you can get just tips that have the hamann logo on them

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you think they could weld off the current curved tips, straighten them out, cut them down in the back a bit, and then have them so they stick out straight and have the Hamann badge exposed.

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you thinK?

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no seriously I need advice here. I love the note but don't like the tips.

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,798 Posts
um, i doubt it cuz the DTM tips have a strange shape to them, cutting them up that much would make them so short and probably wont really be worth it in the end. You should just throw up a thread in the classifieds and see if anyone w/ a Hamann Exhaust would be willing to trade.

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seeing that it is already on the car I figured it would be easiest to simply pull it off and straighten the tips... would that be really difficult?

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
43,113 Posts
2000_328CI said:
no seriously I need advice here. I love the note but don't like the tips.
why did u purchase the DTM exhaust in the first place??? Even if it was a great deal I woulda passed on it...

I dont like the DTM tips either and to get straight tips yes you have to cut off your current tips and weld new ones.

·
or is it just you?
605 Posts
Just curious, why did you install it if you don't like how it looks?

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't know it would stick out so much... Could I take off the current tips and have them cut the tips at the curved part of the tip, and then install the part that slopes up onto the muffler? It wouldn't require them straigtening the tips (simply cuttting them)?

Is it hard for the shop to pull off the current tips and put them back on?

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
any help?

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Would it be possible to simply cut the exhaust at the point which it curves up... take off the current tips... and then reweld the point prevsiously cut off (with the badge on it) onto t he muffler thus giving me a straight dtm exhaust?

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its the standard curved one... i want to make it straight and shorten the amount that sticks out... so im considering cutting it and putting the cut part on after taking off the base of the curved one

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
do you think that would be possible?

http://www.eurotuner.com/featuredvehicles/18358/index2.html

If you look in the pic youw ill see the cars exhaust tip angles up... what i want to do is cut the exhaust tip at the part where it curves up (thus leaving me with an almost perfectly straight shorter tip which will retain the hamann badge on the side)... then I want to remove the remaining part of the current tip and place the part cut from the curved part of the tip onto the exhaust tips (thus making the very end up the tip [the part after the curve with the hamann badge on it] the tip of the exhaust). This would in theory give me a straighter shorter tip that wouldn't stick out so far... if only I could find my digital camera you could see what i mean.... the tip sticks out way to far and looks silly (very asian looking)

·
Mod Squad
10,010 Posts
2000_328CI said:
I didn't know it would stick out so much... Could I take off the current tips and have them cut the tips at the curved part of the tip, and then install the part that slopes up onto the muffler? It wouldn't require them straigtening the tips (simply cuttting them)?

Is it hard for the shop to pull off the current tips and put them back on?
:read: Read Dalton's post
Dalton said:
um, i doubt it cuz the DTM tips have a strange shape to them, cutting them up that much would make them so short and probably wont really be worth it in the end. You should just throw up a thread in the classifieds and see if anyone w/ a Hamann Exhaust would be willing to trade.
bluecougar said:
why did u purchase the DTM exhaust in the first place??? Even if it was a great deal I woulda passed on it...
:werd: What she said.

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Because I thought it woudl look good on myc ar but it just looks silly!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts