BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put this on a 328Ci or any 3 for that matter... if so, how did/do they like it? Loud, throaty, rumble, etc? Any horsepower gain? How much would you pay for a used one?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hamann exhausts are just rebadged Supersprints. I've had experience with them on E36 M3s and heard them on regular E46 M and non Ms. They're known to be pretty quiet... just a tiny bit louder than stock.

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say a tiny bit louder than stock, do you mean that there is a noticable difference or is it such a small increase that it barely even registers as aftermarket? I have an offer to buy a used Hamann DTS exhaust for 325 bucks (shipping included), is that a good offer? Would you recomend buying one or should I find a different exhaust? I also have an offer to buy a Dinan exhaust for 500, which would be better?

·
Registered
956 Posts
I would say the difference is loud enough to hear, but not LOUD. I've never been a fan of Dinan so personally I'd choose Hamann. Up to you tho... good luck.

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you say it's not LOUD, do you mean it isn't rice rocket loud? If thats the case, I am glad. I hate the rice rocket "fake loud" sound. However, does the Hamann sound about as loud as a high end performance car (porsche turbo?) does stock? If so, thats what I'm going for,.

·
Registered
956 Posts
2000_328CI said:
When you say it's not LOUD, do you mean it isn't rice rocket loud? If thats the case, I am glad. I hate the rice rocket "fake loud" sound. However, does the Hamann sound about as loud as a high end performance car (porsche turbo?) does stock? If so, thats what I'm going for,.
man i really don't know. try to listen to them for yourself if you can. i'm sure they have sound clips on their websites or something.

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They don't on their website, but does anyone know where I could find one?

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:bump:

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:bump: anyone have a sound clip of a hamann dtm exhaust? I have one currently being shipped to me and want to know what it is I'm getting...

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
48,236 Posts
I have the SuperSprint exhaust on my 328ci and when I first got it installed it sounded like my stock exhaust :thumbdwn: I removed both of my resonators, replaced them with a straight pipe, and now it has a really nice aggressive growl! I love it!!

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much would it cost to remove the resonaors and get a straight pipe for my car? I noticed that you had a e36... does anyone with an e46 have the hamann exhaust on heir car?

·
48,236 Posts
who had a e36???

The first time I had it done I paid $50, the second time I paid $90 cause they had to make a Y shaped pipe.

·
Sh!t Happens.
4,614 Posts
2000_328CI said:
How much would it cost to remove the resonaors and get a straight pipe for my car? I noticed that you had a e36... does anyone with an e46 have the hamann exhaust on heir car?

If you do get it, DEF. remove the resonators like bluecougar did...And who has an E36?...

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much to remove the resonators?

·
48,236 Posts
:read: I just posted it

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When I go to have my exhaust installed should I just ask them to remove the resonators while installing it?

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
2000_328CI said:
When I go to have my exhaust installed should I just ask them to remove the resonators while installing it?
What do you think....? lol obviously but why dont you just put the exhaust on and listen to it and if u still felt its very quiet, then remove the resonators.

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What I'm asking is just that... are the resonators something they can put on and take off after installing the exhaust or is it something that should all be done simulataneously and once the exhaust is put on with the resonators off the only way to get the resonators back on is to unistall the exhaust and then install it with the resonators on?

Has anyone heard a Hamann E46 exhaust with/without the resonators.. any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I have the SS Exhaust and it sounds good. However, I also have the Technik headers and a 80mm exhaust tip. The sound is not rice rocket loud, but it is aggressively loud. Its definitely louder for me. Also, I have the SS Cats and Resonator. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What size are the tips on my Hamann E46 exhaust? Any ideas?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts