E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright.. so I wana race my buddies c300 and my car only has 184 hp... but we get 0-60 in around 7.2 seconds so in the longrun i will lose since he has 228 hp

i figured if i get atleast 200 hp that i will beat him can anyone name me some stuf i can do with my car.

·
Burns Rubber(s)
816 Posts
Sell your car, buy a faster one. It will be cheaper.

·
Registered
30,072 Posts
If you're a manual, you should be able to beat him or stay close. With a tune, you'll take him. I used to have a 2006 325ci MANUAL, and it was a pretty quick car. Did plenty of races (from dig and roll) against 227 hp WRXs stock and modded. Pulled two, kept up with one (neither could pass) but then again thats an AWD car which are dogs on rolls due to drivetrain losses. If you're auto... i wouldnt bother.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're a manual, you should be able to beat him or stay close. With a tune, you'll take him. I used to have a 2006 325ci MANUAL, and it was a pretty quick car. Did plenty of races (from dig and roll) against 227 hp WRXs stock and modded. Pulled two, kept up with one (neither could pass) but then again thats an AWD car which are dogs on rolls due to drivetrain losses. If you're auto... i wouldnt bother.
im auto but got tip

·
Registered
531 Posts
by tune up do you mean software? or take it to the mechanic and get a tune up?

tunes will give you anywhere from nothing- 15hp...if you've got dough to spend on a custom tune, even better.
but honestly, you drive a 325 and they are great cars already, not fast but great. Just spend your money on looks (wheels, bumpers, drop) and rake in b!tches instead. :thumbsup:

Kevin

·
Registered
664 Posts
Our cars are slow. Sell car, buy M3.

But what REALLY makes a noticeable difference from all the power mods on my car , is the differential. What a world of difference having a 3.38 diff from an automatic makes. Really short gears, at the expense of high-revving up top on the highway.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
by tune up do you mean software? or take it to the mechanic and get a tune up?

tunes will give you anywhere from nothing- 15hp...if you've got dough to spend on a custom tune, even better.
but honestly, you drive a 325 and they are great cars already, not fast but great. Just spend your money on looks (wheels, bumpers, drop) and rake in b!tches instead. :thumbsup:

Kevin
thanks for the advice man

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Our cars are slow. Sell car, buy M3.

But what REALLY makes a noticeable difference from all the power mods on my car , is the differential. What a world of difference having a 3.38 diff from an automatic makes. Really short gears, at the expense of high-revving up top on the highway.
idk what all this diff lingo means man explain it to me like you would to a 5 year old

·
Registered
531 Posts
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=595494

here you go man, hope this helps
if you really want some serious power go F/I (Turbo or supercharger). Little mods like an aggressive diff, headers, tune, etc. etc. will just have you itching for more power. Personally I would be happier spending money so that my car looked good and was a good DD instead of a couple more HP. Our cars wont be fast unless we drop 5k+ into it. And your friends c300 will never look as good as a tastefully modded e46. :thumbsup:

Kevin

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
dude just search a diff and save us the trouble.

get a 3.62 diff with some headers on your stock exhaust a afe intake and a aa tune with your rev limit up to 7k and you should very well hang or smoke that sucka

·
Burns Rubber(s)
816 Posts
Tune, diff, headers, intake, blah, blah, blah. You are going to spend a fortune on a 325. Just sell your car and get reattached to a new one like an M3. It will be cheaper......

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=595494

here you go man, hope this helps
if you really want some serious power go F/I (Turbo or supercharger). Little mods like an aggressive diff, headers, tune, etc. etc. will just have you itching for more power. Personally I would be happier spending money so that my car looked good and was a good DD instead of a couple more HP. Our cars wont be fast unless we drop 5k+ into it. And your friends c300 will never look as good as a tastefully modded e46. :thumbsup:

Kevin
dude just search a diff and save us the trouble.

get a 3.62 diff with some headers on your stock exhaust a afe intake and a aa tune with your rev limit up to 7k and you should very well hang or smoke that sucka
thanks kevin thanks steve.. i think ill take kevins advice first with the looks and **** then worry about the speed... i was thinking about getting a highflow catalyctic converter and a underdrive pully

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yeah good idea. All the power mods are complete waste of money. You can't argue against World-Renowned, Well-Funded, German engineering that is BMW. It's so hard to get more power out of what they give you, because they did everything for a reason.

Modding for power becomes addictive, for very minimal gains, where you could have just spent the money on a 333hp M3 if you really wanted speed. It's more fun to put the money into looks and handling. Get some springs or coilovers, and some sway bars, and get ready for some fun.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts