E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to run my car with the Halos on, no running light, or regular headlight, with my fog lamps on. I got the automatic headlights. The fogs cant be turned on when all the lights are off. Do I need to run a switch to my halos to have them on when everything else is off (Pisition O)? How do I do this? I am :bow: to the all knowing experts here...

·
Registered
37 Posts
no switch needed. go to your dealer and have your day time running lights deactivated. run your halos through your fog light switch. when u want your fogs and halos on with nothing else, turn your light switch to the daytime position (3rd from right). If at night you want halos, you can run them alone, or with your lowbeams. i have this set up and have no complaints in that I would never use my fogs alone (without halos)
Nick
PS. if you have stock fogs dont go this route as they dont look very good. go get some 6000k fogs to match your halos and youll be set.

RhaceM3 said:
I want to run my car with the Halos on, no running light, or regular headlight, with my fog lamps on. I got the automatic headlights. The fogs cant be turned on when all the lights are off. Do I need to run a switch to my halos to have them on when everything else is off (Pisition O)? How do I do this? I am :bow: to the all knowing experts here...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
N_moto17 said:
no switch needed. go to your dealer and have your day time running lights deactivated. run your halos through your fog light switch. when u want your fogs and halos on with nothing else, turn your light switch to the daytime position (3rd from right). If at night you want halos, you can run them alone, or with your lowbeams. i have this set up and have no complaints in that I would never use my fogs alone (without halos)
Nick
PS. if you have stock fogs dont go this route as they dont look very good. go get some 6000k fogs to match your halos and youll be set.
thanks, already got pics of my superwhites on my site

·
-not a mod-
21,081 Posts
I just ran mine through the ECU accessory wire, and had my DRL
s deactivated. So I can run just Halos, or Halos and fogs, or Halos and Headlights, or all three.. best setup I think. A switch can even be put in to not run the halos but I didn't buy them to not see them

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you have your DRL deactivated, does your high beams still work?

BudMan2003 said:
I just ran mine through the ECU accessory wire, and had my DRL
s deactivated. So I can run just Halos, or Halos and fogs, or Halos and Headlights, or all three.. best setup I think. A switch can even be put in to not run the halos but I didn't buy them to not see them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts