E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just put in my angel eyes and the brownish yellow of the halogens look like crap inside the angel eyes. I have projectors on the outsides but the insides are sad. Im not so much looking for something super powerful just white to match the xenons and the led angels.

I know i can replace them with whiter halogens from khoalty ect. Im rather impatient and wondering if anyone has found the proper bulbs at autozone or someplace i can pick em up tonight after work.

Im a noob (learning) with lighting, but it appears that i can use something along the lines of H-7?

·
Genuine Factory BMW Parts
281 Posts
Stock low beam bulbs are H7 bulbs. Sure you can find them at any local auto parts store.

If I'm reading this correctly you have non xenon headlights, and HID angel eyes? Your mention of ugly yellow mixed with xenon and HID so I'm a little thrown off.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the way my lights work:

High beams=xenons
Low beams= xenons
running lights (go off when xenons are on)= halogens.

Can i just replace them with generic white h-7 halogens? Is that all i need to look for at autozone is H-7 halogens and find the color i want?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
the way my lights work:

High beams=xenons
Low beams= xenons
running lights (go off when xenons are on)= halogens.

Can i just replace them with generic white h-7 halogens? Is that all i need to look for at autozone is H-7 halogens and find the color i want?
You don't have high beam xenons, and you're confusing the hell out of yourself and everyone else...
If you want to replace the halogen bulb then any h7 bulb will work.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You don't have high beam xenons, and you're confusing the hell out of yourself and everyone else...
If you want to replace the halogen bulb then any h7 bulb will work.

I must be confused, i went out to my car and this is what i got.

car on=B
low beams=A
high beams=A

That is what i get, the B light is the one im want to change.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did a bit more testing, and B doesnt come on with normal high beams or low, but when i pull to flash the highs they come on.

Ill prolly go with my own setup with EDIABAS and DIS/GT1. Im a computer geek at heart so might as well.

But im gonna pickup a set of khoalty's H-7's 7500's for $8, not sure why they cost $50 at autozone for 4500's???

to hijack my own thread, any thoughts on khoaltys 7500 h-7's. are they white or blue?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts