E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
:bow: SWEET.... everytime i see a black bimmer with halo's i want them bad.... i just dont trust the install for the 2oo4 coupe.... taking out headlights, baking them....wiring....forget it.....DAMN!!!!!

·
Likes Supermodels
2,358 Posts
:thumbup: did u get these from a vendor here.?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
sd76 said:
:bow: SWEET.... everytime i see a black bimmer with halo's i want them bad.... i just dont trust the install for the 2oo4 coupe.... taking out headlights, baking them....wiring....forget it.....DAMN!!!!!
you can sent me the headlight.. ill install them. and then sent it back to u.. ur car be out for like a week.

·
ProjectTechnik
781 Posts
OOoh damn man! Now we definetly need to get a Edmonton/Calgary BMW meet going on here. I really want to see your car now! And don't you have winter's man! It already snowed here in Calgary!!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
looks amazing!

exactly what I would have done to it.

No daytime running lights? illegal in canada, did the dealer do it for you or did u remove the bulbs? any problems with cops? sorry, you can tell I'm interested.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bobo83 said:
OOoh damn man! Now we definetly need to get a Edmonton/Calgary BMW meet going on here. I really want to see your car now! And don't you have winter's man! It already snowed here in Calgary!!!
I've got Type 44's with Pirelli Snowsports for the winter, but I haven't had to use them yet. Well, actually that's not true. We did have about a week where I had to throw the winters on, but then I switched back for the last three weeks or so. I would love to do an Edmonton/Calgary meet... I always get jealous when I hear about all the Cali meets... Let me know!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hey-G said:
looks amazing!

exactly what I would have done to it.

No daytime running lights? illegal in canada, did the dealer do it for you or did u remove the bulbs? any problems with cops? sorry, you can tell I'm interested.
:hi: I just took the bulbs out. I asked the dealership if they would do it, and I think their exact words were "not in a million years"! So, since I hated the way it looked with halogen DRLs, I just took the bulbs out. No problems so far with the fuzz... :thumbup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Are those the regular or enhanced halos? They look great by the way. How much extra work is that foil mod?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i29gtaylor said:
:hi: I just took the bulbs out. I asked the dealership if they would do it, and I think their exact words were "not in a million years"! So, since I hated the way it looked with halogen DRLs, I just took the bulbs out. No problems so far with the fuzz... :thumbup:
ah, sorry for the questions, as you can see, I might be in the same situation.

Are your halos sufficient enough to fool people as DRL? like are they noticible during the day? any problems with cops?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SikE46 said:
Are those the regular or enhanced halos? They look great by the way. How much extra work is that foil mod?
They are the enhanced. The foil mod is extremey easy, and literally takes only five minutes... makes a big difference though IMHO... thanks for the compliment! :thumbup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey-G said:
ah, sorry for the questions, as you can see, I might be in the same situation.

Are your halos sufficient enough to fool people as DRL? like are they noticible during the day? any problems with cops?
Yeah I think they are... these are really bright, so yes, they do show up during the day... no problems yet with the coppers! :thumbup:

·
A Flammable Plumber
4,019 Posts
will this `foil mod ` that u are talking about work with the dde package that jlevi sells?? is there a diy somewhere for it?

car looks awesome man! :thumbup:

·
Masterdebator
1,527 Posts
oh, i thought you meant the you took pics of you playing Halo 2....iono...hjahahahha

·
Registered
301 Posts
FRANCO said:
oh, i thought you meant the you took pics of you playing Halo 2....iono...hjahahahha
dude, me too... i'm so addicted to that game that anything i see w/halo piques my interest

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FRANCO said:
I've been too busy playing to take any pictures! I love that game too :thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a DDE kit from umnitza for de E36 and...it's been nothing but problems!!The lights keep on braking down because of the electrical part...any solutions besides throwing them away?
By the way...your car looks great!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts