E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've posted on a few threads over the last week or so, but I', pretty much brand new to this board. So far this place has been the most informative E46 board I've read!

Anyway, my question is this. In a year an a half, I'm planning on moving from the Kansas City area to San Diego. If things go right, I plan on purchasing an M3. Is it possible to order in KC and have an SD delivery? I have heard about dealers trading their allotments w/ other dealers, but wasn't sure if it worked if it was an inter-state transaction. OR, should I take delivery here and drive to SD and eat up the break in period on the way?

Thanks in advance for any ideas/tips you guys have! I sure hope this works out and I can join the ranks of you M3 owners....I have to say it's been my favorite car for years now!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would call some dealers in CA area and order one over the phone. Eventually you'll have to register the car in CA and pay registeration and taxes. Plus, isn't it bad for a new car to be traveling at high speed for long hours.

Just my 0.02

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Yeah, you could just order with a CA dealer from there. I would not suggest doing the break in on a drive like that. You have to vary road speed and engine speed so it would make for a PIA of a ride.

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
Hey Jever,

I live in San Diego. How about you give me the money, I'll buy your M3, and I'll even break it in for you. :D

Just order it when you get here, that way you can check out the dealers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol @ malladawg...lemme go ahead and paypal 60grand to ya bro! he he. Thanks for the advise. I figured that the road trip to break in wouldn't be a good idea but thought I'd check...and I'll look into that dealer rater website thingy as well. Ok this will be offtopic, but just curious if ya'll know any good websites about San Diego. The city one that I found pretty much sucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts