E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of let me start off by saying that I love thse mirrors. However, I do not have full use of my mirrors. They do not go both up, down, left, right. In fact they only pivot from the up and down position???? Secondly, when I put the car in reverse the mirrors tilt as they are supposed to, but they do not go up. Hagus stated that I should have full use of my mirrors. Oh Yeah, my memory does not work eigther. I called hagus and they were helpful and they said they will call my body shop and resolve the problem by giving them proper instruction. Anyone have any advise or no what the problem is.

·
Addicted to Autocross
1,154 Posts
Its been awhile, but it has to do with the pin-connector (or whatever its called). The stock mirrors come with a 16-pin connector while the Hagus ones come with only 8. So, when installing the Hagus mirrors, you have to use the pin-connector that came with the stock mirrors and you have to map the wires correctly. I can't recall exactly what I did, but if I can remember or find out, I'll let you know. I did it myself though and it was easy. Also, I do recall there being something different between sedans and coupes or 328s vs 330s...I think.

For sure, unless you use the stock motor you will not have the tilt functionality nor the memory. However, the mirrors will be heated and you should be able to fully control the mirror up, down, left and right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey I just did my install today and I can tell you if you do not swap out the motors you will loose memory and tilt. I pulled the wires out of my oem plug (1 at a time replacing it with the same color hagus wire) If you take the plug apart and push out the wires you can do the entire install without cutting any wires.....Worked great
Search the forum it worked for me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hagus

I appreciate your replies, and if anyone else has feedback bring it on. The more informal replies thebetter the result!!! By the way I will call the bodyshop tomorrow and bring them a print ou of the discussion.. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts